Arriving at Camp Campbell

The big, yellow bus rolled onto the Camp Campbell grounds.
   The creepy, hook-handed driver grumbled, "We're here."
   And to that I thought, "Time to get out of this bus as fast as my little legs could get out of this bus!"
   So I quickly stepped out of the bus, and was immediately greeted by a red-haired fellow in a Camp Campbell T-shirt.
   "Hello! You must be (Your Name)! My name is David! Come on! I'll show you around!"
   His happiness was ALREADY getting on my nerves.
   I heaved a nervous sigh and followed David, and that's when I realized a rather handsome kid with black, fluffy hair and a blue hoodie was trudging behind him.
   "Hey!" I told him, smiling a friendly smile.
   He looked at me with a monotone expression on his face. "This camp isn't as goody gumdrops as it seems. Welcome to your worst nightmare," he said, and slumped ahead.
   "What's his deal?" I wondered aloud.
   David must have heard me, because he brushed off that kid's snarky attitude. "Oh, that's Max. Don't worry, that's how he acts to everyone!"
   I made a small mental note of Max's name.
   "Anyways," David grinned, "Why don't you go into the Mess Hall? The quartermaster's serving his specialty for lunch: Potatoes!"
   I nodded with a fake smile plastered on my face.
   As I walked in, I saw a variety of things going on.
   One: This pale round boy was flinging potatoes at a kid with a magic hat with a spoon.
   Two: I saw this nerdy kid examining the potatoes as if there was a project for them in his nerd class.
   Three: This kid dressed as an astronaut was shoving his toy rocket in everyone's food.
   Four: I saw Max talking to the nerd kid and a green-haired chick.
   I decided to go over to Max, since he was, (unfortunately,) the only camper I had met.
   "Hey again, Max," I smiled.
   "H- Wait...how do you know my name?" He asked, weirded out.
   "A little bird named David told me," I laughed.
   "Ooooh!" The green-haired girl shouted, nearly making me fall out of my seat. "You must be the new camper!"
   "That's me," I said. "I'm choosing not to starve, so I'll get some of those 'potatoes'."
   Once I got back from getting the lumpy mess from the dude that drove me to this place, Max asked, "(Your name), right?"
   "Yep," I said, taking a tiny bite of the potatoes.
   "What camp did you sign up for?" Nerd kid asked.
   "Art camp," I replied. (If you don't like art you can change it.) What about you three? Wait. Is this the wrong camp?"
   Nerd kid said, "Science Camp. And no, this camp just has multiple."
   I groaned. But also...
   Figures.
   Green-haired chick said, "Adventure Camp."
   Max gave an unusual response: "Doesn't matter, does it?"
   I stared at him, confused. I could see his face getting red.
   "Okay," I said slowly. Then silence.
   I decided to break the ice. "So, what's your names?" I asked.
   "I'm Neil," said Nerd Kid.
   "I'm Nikki," said the girl.
   "You already know me," Max pouted.
   "No kidding, Sherlock," I joked. Max actually smiled.
   "You know what, (your name), maybe you could make a pretty descent friend!"
   I felt my cheeks getting warm. "Okay, future reference," I thought, "Try to hide my obvious crush on Max."
   Then Nikki pulled me aside. "Do you like Max?" She prodded.
   "Was it that obvious?" I face-palmed. "Look, I'm not sure yet. I barely even KNOW the kid. Just give me some time, and maybe, MAYBE, I'll tell you."
   "Oooh!" Nikki awed. "I can see it now: (Your name) and Max, sitting in a tre-"
   "I'm gonna stop you right there," I said, putting my finger up to her lips. "Keep this maybe crush on the down low."
   "I'll try," Nikki smirked.

   Max's POV

   I ain't gonna lie, that kid's pretty cool. She sort of has the same mindset as me.
   "Hey, Max?" Neil asked.
   "Yeah?"
   "Do you like (your name)?" He asked, immediately covering his mouth after.
   "Pfft, heck no! No, of course not! Yeah, me, liking her! Haha!" I stuttered.
   If I'm being completely honest, (Which I don't do often,) I did like her. But I needed to get to know her first.
   Once I saw Neil's look of suspicion, I caved.
   "Ok, yeah," I said as I looked over to see (your name) and Nikki talking. "But I need to get to know her first."
   Neil smirked. "I knew it."
   Then the girls rejoined and we talked like nothing had happened.
   Mostly about how this camp's a scam.
   Man, she's pretty.

   Your POV

   Man, he's handsome. As we talked, I realized that even more.
   He'll be mine eventually...