The Double Date

"You've got this!" I screamed to Max, who was doing a bike race against none other than Edward Pikeman.
   For the fate of the camp, of course.
   Max's front wheel of his bike crossed the finish line a millisecond before Pikeman's.
   The camp let out a cheer as we lifted Max up.
   Pikeman growled very loudly, causing us to forget about Max and drop him to look at Zit-Face.
   "Oof!" He grunted as he hit the dirt.
   "How?" cried Pikeman, falling to his knees in defeat.
   But then, he smiled, got up, and brushed himself off.
   "HowEVER," he sneered. "I have ONE more bet!"
   "And what would that be?" I asked, advancing on this son of a biscuit.
   He chuckled. "Ah, (Your Name)! Just the girl I wanted to see!"
   "Oh, really?" I growled.
   "Yep! Petrol, bring me Maxwell."
   "Max..?" I questioned as Max got shoved next to me.
   "Uh, what's going on?" I whispered to Max.
"I dunno," he whispered back, "but if he tries anything I will kick him in the shins so hard that he'll get a mouthful of dirt."
Edward cleared his throat.
"The bet is that (Your Name) and Maxwell or Gwen will blow this double date that I'm now planning."
Gwen froze. "Does that mean I'm your DATE?!" she shrieked.
"Yep!" Pikeman stated proudly. "And (Your Name) and Maxwell are the other pair!"
"Great..." I grumbled.
"When's the date?" Gwen feebly asked.
Zit-Face smiled. "Tonight. Now go get pretty!"
He laughed and he and his gang went to the pier to sail back to their poor excuse of a camp.
"So, do we just wear our normal clothes, or do we go shopping?" I asked.
Suddenly Gwen's face lit up. She wrapped her arms around Max and I, stars dancing in her eyes. "Guys...we're going shopping!"
Max and I groaned.

Gwen's POV

YES! Time to show these kids the wonders of shopping!
I practically dragged them into my car, flooring the gas pedal.
Finally, we got to the mall.
"This is stupid," Max sulked, grabbing a rather spiffy tuxedo. "YOU don't even want to go to this date! So why do we have to choose an ou-"
He was interrupted by me gasping. I saw the PERFECT tux for him, size and all!
"This is now yours," I said, grabbing it off the rack,
Max's eyes lit up momentarily. Then he turned his head away. "Uh, whatever," he grumped.
(Your Name) stifled a laugh. I ain't gonna lie, I'm pretty fond of these little craps.
Then (Your Name) looked extremely dazzled about something.
"What?" I asked.
She ran over to this (f/c) dress/dress shirt/tux/whatever suits you so you all can stop commenting about how much you hate certain types of clothing.
Max practically had hearts in his eyes. "You'd look beautiful in that," he said, awed. Then he looked down at the tile floor, and mumbled, "Uh, yeah. That's fine." I laughed.

Le time skeep~~~~~

Max's POV

Once we got back to camp, I anxiously stepped inside my tent to get ready. I slipped inside my suit, treating this bet as a real date.
Then I walked out of my tent, shoving my hands in my pockets.
"Cool! It has pockets!" I thought, waiting for (Your Name) outside her tent.
A few seconds later, (Your Name) stepped out of her tent, looking as beautiful as she's ever been.
I was speechless.
"I...u-uh, you look gr-great!" I stammered, my face turning red.
She twirled her hair, giggling. "You're not so bad yourself, Maxamillian."
I chuckled. "Where is this date, anyway?"
"Maybe we should ask Gwen," (Your Name) suggested.
"Good idea," I said, nodding my head.

Gwen's POV

I heard a knock at my door.
   "Come in!"
  None other then (Your Name) and Max walked into the counselor's building.
   "Hey, Gwen," said (Your Name). "Do you know where this date is?"
   "No, I do-" I was interrupted by my phone vibrated.
   I checked my messages, and got a text from a number I didn't know.
   "I think this is Pikeman..." I muttered, reading through his text.
   "Why? Did you get a text?" asked Max, trying to see by standing on his tip-toes.
   "Yep," I said, pulling the phone away from him. "I'll read it to you."

   "Hello, dear Gwen! Our double date will be in the woods near the camp! See you soon, my princess!"

   (Your Name) and Max stood there, I'm guessing in denial.
   "The WOODS?" (Your Name) finally said. "You mean that really dark place where the quartermaster probably kills animals?"
   Max chuckled a little bit. "Yep," I answered.
   Today's gonna be fun...

   Your POV

   So, after a while, the sun began to set, so me, Max, and Gwen started walking to the woods.
   After WAY too much struggling with the thorns and bushes, we finally made it inside the woods.
   Once we started walking, we saw the quartermaster stabbing a squirrel. He looked at us. "Move along, children."
   "I told ya," I whispered to Max, who started quietly laughing.
   After about fifteen minutes, we had gotten there. We knew, because, inside a clearing, there sat Pikeman at a small picnic table with a candle illuminating his zit-covered face.
   I took a deep breath, and Max put his arm around me to calm me. We looked into each other's eyes and he said, "It's gonna be okay."
   I gave a soft smile. I trusted him, so I said confidently, "Let's sit the flip down."

   Max's POV

   Before we sat, I whispered to Gwen, "Fight the urge to be a jerk, or else we're done for, got it?"
   She gave a quick nod.
   So I sat next to (Your Name) and Gwen sat next to Pikeman.
   "So, hello everybody," Pikeman chuckled. "You're looking well."
   Even though he was in his regular lame WoodScout uniform, we all responded with, "So do you."
   Pikeman smiled. "All right! So, Gwen," he said, turning to her, "Are the campers behaving?"
   Gwen gave a nervous, forced smile. "Yeah, they are, surprisingly!"
   "Good," Pikeman responded.
   I started to doze off when Pikeman called my name. "Maxwell."
   I snapped right out of my trance.
   "Yes?"
   "How's life being with your lady?" He raised his eyebrows at (Your Name).
   "It's g-great!" I stuttered.
   I mentally slapped myself as (Your Name) said it more smoothly.
   "It's really good!" she said. "We both have a passion for arts and crafts, and also zip lining!"
   "No, I don't..." I thought. "But she's doing great!"
   Then Petrol came out of the shadows with a bowl of spaghetti.
   "Thank you, Petrol," said Edward.
   We ate and talked for a while after that, then, Edward pulled us aside, because it was time to go back to camp, or to the WoodScouts' base.

   Edward's POV

  I'm surprised. They actually did very well! I'd like to send them to our base anyways, but a bet's a bet.
   I sighed. "You're free to go," I tell them.
   They let out a cheer and sprinted back to their sad sack of a camp.
   "I'll get them someday..." I said, shaking my fist in the direction they ran off to.

   Your POV

   When we got back to camp, me, Max, and Gwen did a three-way hug.
   Once we broke apart, I said, "Lesson learned: Never take a non-militant camp for granted!"
   Then we all laughed.

    OOOOOH MY GOD! 30+ VIEWS?! I'M DYING!

   THANKS!!!

   OH AND BY THE WAY, AS I'M TYPING THIS I HAVE 1,200+ WORDS!!
:0