The Bonfire

A/N!!

The start of the story will ALWAYS be in your point of view :3

That night the camp was putting on a bonfire. Why? I dunno. It's David.
But everyone was told that we needed to dress warm. (This is important to the story, trust me. :D)
So after our activities and low-quality dinners, we threw on some spray and warm clothes and went outside.
Little did I know that Neil and Nikki had a plan...

Neil's POV

YESSS! It's almost time for Nikki and me's plan to have (your name) and Max be engulfed in love and shipping!!
So basically we're gonna say a rumor that one of the lovebirds likes each other, and BOOM! CONFESSION! LOVE!
Nikki met me outside, a mischievous look on her face. "You ready, Neil?" She asked me, rubbing her mud-covered hands together.
"You bet," I laughed quietly but maniacally.
So I rushed over to (Your name) when the time was right. I tried to be as casual as I could.
"Heeeey, (Your name)! I've gotta tell you something!" I winked.
"What is it?" She asked, warming her hands with the crackling flames.
Exactly the reaction I wanted...
"You know your buddy Max?" I asked, getting more excited with each word.
"Uh, yeah..?" She said.
I did a girly laugh. "He likes you."
Then I ran away, hearing her surprised shouts.

Nikki's POV

While Neil was handling (Your name), my target was the one and only Max. I went up to him, who was sitting on a log by the fire.
By himself.
"Hey Max!" I giggled.
He gave me a quizzical look. "What's got you so hyped up?"
"Oh, nothing," I teased. "Except for the fact that (Your name) likes you!"
He practically fell off his log. "Ok, ok, WHAT?!" He asked, shocked.
"You heard me," I grinned.
"Honestly," he stuttered, "I'm not so sure I did!"
I said it slower so he could hear me.
"(Your-name)- likes-you."
"Is it in the way that I think it is?" asked Max
"Yep!" I squealed, seeing him turn beet red. Ooooh, I'm such a love doctor!

Max's POV

Wow.
Just wow.
I don't have anything else to say about this situation. Just wow.
"She flippin' likes me?" I muttered to myself. "How could she like a sad sack like me?"
I knew there was only one way to find out: To ask her in person.
My legs were like flippin' jello as I was trying to walk over to where she was sitting.
After way too much effort. I managed to get to her log. She looked shocked about something.
"Hey, (Your name)," I said, sitting down beside her. Her face glimmered in the light cast by the bonfire.
I struggled to spit my words out. "S-so I heard y-you like m-me?"

Your POV

"S-so I heard y-you like m-me?" Max stuttered.
I slowly inhaled and exhaled. This was gonna be hard to explain.
Stupid Nikki! I told her to keep it on the DL!
After a while of silence I managed to choke out, "It's true, Max."
His eyes widened. God, I could get lost in them.
"Really?" He asked, his voice soft and gentle.
"Yeah. I wanted to get to know you a bit more, but, my heart called."
I looked down at the grass. "I know you probably don't like me back, just know that I like you."
Max put his finger under my chin and lifted it up so we were looking at each other's eyes.
"I like you, no, LOVE you too," Max's now whispered, smiling.
Then he pulled me in for a hug. I felt all my worries and insecurities melt away as I started to hug back. His arms were so comforting, and I knew that I was going to cherish this hug forever.

Max's POV

Hugging her there, in the firelight, made me happier than I've ever been.
Finally, we both pulled away in unison and awkwardly smiled at each other. Man, is she pretty. With her (Eye color) eyes and (Hair color) hair.

Nikki's POV

"VICTORY!" I celebrated aloud as Neil smiled at me.
"This was actually a pretty good idea, Nikki!" He smiled. He wrapped his arm around me, and, I'll admit, I started going red.
"Now let's watch as my matchmaking skills brings our two friends together!" I squeal.
Neil and I sat there, watching Max and (Your name) smile at each other, and we knew right then and there, those two were gonna be a thing.
We just knew it.
(Side Note: DOUBLE SHIP?! :0 SQUEEEE!)
   (Ew, 2017 Savannah. Stop with the "squee." You're not cute. Anyway, hi, this is 2021 Savannah, your author. I just wanted to pop in and address something real quick, if that's okay. I've gotten a few comments about how Nikki and Neil are siblings and this is weird, and I can totally understand that. However, when I wrote this, I don't believe that I had seen the last episode of season two yet. And, if I had, I simply didn't view the two as siblings. The reason I defended this so much in the comments was because this "romance" became a crucial part in this story as well as my sequel. Given the context of the episode "Parents' Day," I can totally understand anyone's unease with this. The thought that the two were siblings or close to that never crossed my mind while writing this, despite Nikki and Neil's convo about being siblings in that episode. Again, I can't remove it because it becomes such a crucial plot point. However, I can say this to you. Please, pretend "Parents' Day" never happened. I think this is really weird too now, since it's been nearly four years since I wrote this, and mindsets change. I hope you can forgive 2017 Savannah's weirdness and still enjoy the story with the removal of the context from Parents' Day!")

Your POV

As me and Max smile at each other, I start to get really hot and lightheaded.
"Max, I feel really hot," I said, concerned.
"You're probably just picking up me," Max smirked.
"No, really, Max."

Max's POV

"Oh, are you oka-" I started.
But I was interrupted by (Your name) passing out and falling off her log.
"OH MY GOD!" I yelled, flailing my arms everywhere. "SHE FLIPPIN' FAINTED! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER?! SOMEONE HELP HER!"
Suddenly Neil apparated out of thin air and said, "It's probably just that she was wearing a coat near the fire."
I smiled and rolled my eyes.
"That moron."