Hiding Feelings

After our so-called "lunch", it was time for Crocheting Camp.
"God, this place has useless camps," Max muttered.
"Tell me about it..." I muttered back.
Max just stared at me as if I was crazy.
I decided to brush it off. But man, was that weird...
David was going to pair us up for this. He just shoved random people together.
Coincidentally, I was with Max.
"Dang it," Max breathed quietly.
I just angrily turned my head away. Who does this kid think he is?

Max's POV

Dang it. I was trying the playing hard to get approach. But that would be pretty futile if I was partnered up with her. So I just tried to make it clear that I was NOT interested in her.
Which I was.
But I couldn't let her know that.
"Suck a fart," I growled at her, picking up my stupid crochet needle.
"Why are you being such a jerk today?!" (Your name) snapped.
"Because you, along with this world, suck," I answered angrily.
"Listen, I know we're not ideal BFFS," (Your name) said, "But we're gonna spend this entire summer together, so let's at least TRY to get along."
That was it. That right there. The fact that she was so willing to compromise with whatever moron she ran into.
Like me.
"Okay..." I grumbled.
Just because I'm being nicer to her, DOESN'T mean I'm letting on that I love her.

Your POV

I'm glad I knocked some sense into that incredibly small brain of his.
"Good," I said, accomplished. We then started crocheting. Very synchronized, too.
Then, after about an hour, we had made a scarf.
Together.
Hold up, rewind that word...
T o g e t h e r .
Jeez.
I shyly approached Max and stammered, "I had fun!"
He smiled. "Yeah, you weren't AWFUL..."
I giggled. "I could say the same for you."
So we walked to the tent circle together. "So, let's make this official," I grinned.
"Wait, what?" Max asked, his face turning red. "I-I don't like you like th-"
"Huh?" I said. "I meant our friendship."
"Oh. Okay, I might be able to handle that."
Then David screamed through a megaphone, "C'MON, KIDDOS! TIME FOR OTHER MAGIC CAMP'S ACTIVITY!"
I said, "Ugh, Nerd Camp number two..."
Max chuckled. I think that's the first time I'd ever heard him laugh. "Come on, you idiot."
I smiled.
Maybe we could actually be more than friends someday.

Max's POV

I've got such a soft spot for her! I kind of feel like I'm making it obvious that I like her!
"No, stop it Max!" I thought as I walked with her to Other Magic Camp. "You can't cave in! But I don't want to be mean to her...Wait. Since when do I care about being mean to people? UUGH MY EMOTIONS!"
In the end I decided not to be mean to her, (aka my normal.) But I wasn't going to flirt or be understanding.
"Your hair's nice," I said in awe.
"Uh...thanks?" (Your name) asked. WHELP. So much for that plan.
Maybe I should just confess...