The Scroll

Qibli bounded up the stairs, walking quickly and swiftly. The look on his face was as hard and emotional as steel. The Outclaws that passed by him knew that something terrible had happened, but he refused to show it. He walked across the hallway to Moon and Crescent's apartment, keeping his face an unemotional mask until he was safely behind closed doors. He knocked softly on their door.

Moon open the door and saw Qibli standing there in the hallway. She put up one talon to lips, mouthing, " Crescent is taking a nap. Can we talk somewhere else?"
Qibli nodded, and walked across the hallway to his apartment and opened the door for Moon. With a quick glance back at Crescent, she followed Qibli to his rooms.

Once they were safely behind closed doors, Qibli handed Moon a piece of paper. She looked at him, puzzled.
" Open it," he said.
" Okay" she replied.
Moon unraveled the small scroll. It was a news article, from the Ice Kingdom. It was titled,

" A Nightwing Leaves her Royal Husband. Husband Retaliates and Marries Another Dragon."

Moon looked up slowly.
" Winter married... Lynx." She whispered slowly.

Qibli cocked his head. " Who is.. Lynx? And Moon, are you alright?"

Moon nodded. " I'm fine," she whispered. "Just a little shocked, is all. Lynx was one of Winter's childhood crushes. And I'm fine. Really. I've moved on from him." She persisted.

Qibli reaches out slowly, and cupped Moon's face in his talons. One tear rolled down Moon's cheek.

" It's okay to be sad," he said. " I'd be sad too, if somebody did that to me."

Moon smiled and wiped away her tear. " I'm not sad," she went on. " I have you." She smiled at him adoringly.

Qibli felt his smile growing bigger and bigger.
" I know, I'm pretty great, right?" He joked.

They both leaned in slowly. Moon had to go on her tip-talons to reach his face. They stood face- to face for a moment. Then kissed.

Author's note: Yay Moonbli!! Fireworks! Confetti! Hooray!
Loyal readers: thank you so much for all the views/ votes / comments!!! Keep them coming! ( I must admit, when I saw I had 300+ views I freaked out!)