Moving in.

April's POV:
I peeked through the window as my dad pulled over at the driveway ;in front of this big old house,it seemed like no one had been there since like one hundred years ago,with a look at those pale windows and dusty door knob."we're here darling" screamed dad,"our new home,why don't you rush in and pick out your room".He looked so happy, giving me winks and kissy faces; "hmm"I sighed as I jumped down from the car. Across the street was a funny black cat glaring straight at my face;it almost looked like it wanted to snatch the hell out of my eyes. The neighborhood seemed quite cool though, just a bit too quiet;I guess I'd missed home.

I took a few steps inside and glimpsed into the house. It seemed rather okay compared to our old house,it was way smaller than this and the roof leaked every now and then when it rained. "will be fixing around the house tomorrow "shouted dad as he came barging in with the luggage. I nodded in relief and headed straight upstairs to unpack my stuff. Lemme see,jeans here, blouses there,skirts over there,panties here;voila,I was done .

I collapsed onto the soft bed, it had already been calling me for the past 30 minutes."can we mingle a bit " I asked dad, basically feeling bored doing nothing. "Sure we can April,just let me add a few finishing touches to the living room". Dad just couldn't say no, I mean he knew moving into this whole neighborhood was just not my thing but he insisted so tough titty. I pulled on some black jeans and a stripy jumper swinging my hair into a lovely ponytail then headed downstairs to meet dad who was already outside waiting.

Dad led the way as we made it along the pavement;he stopped for a second, turning to the house next door and cracked his knuckles against the door.
"COMING "came a yell from inside; suddenly the door opened pushing out a lady who had basically been tangled up in an apron looking rather pale."why hello,you must be Mr.Dias,you just mo..."

"Yes, yes moved into the neighborhood with my daughter April "dad said cutting her off;what a way to start dad,I mumbled.
"April,that's a beautiful name,how old are you?"she asked smiling.
"I'm 17 ma'am "I said politely,didn't want any crossed faces.
"Lovely,my son's just about your age, 18 actually,I'm sure you'll make good friends,too bad he isn't around to meet you". It almost looked like she was upset.

Dad finally said goodbye and once again we were heading back to our warm shell of a house,not making another turn. I didn't really define this 10 seconds walk outside to see a neighbor as mingling but I guess we still met someone;I thought tugging behind dad.Back inside Dad and I sat face to face munching on some pizza dad had ordered earlier;dinner was quiet until dads mouth basically launched off the pizza to talk.
"You'll have to get washed up and fly into bed hun,you're starting school tomorrow ". I looked puzzled over the table
"School! Already!.. oh dad come on" I said but I guess he really meant it as his eyes started giving me the stern look.i gave off the 'I've lost my appetite' look and stormed straight up to my room.i was done for today.

************

....don't really know what to say but I hope y'all liked the chapter,I'm hoping to swell it up a bit more,it's my first book so hope you enjoy it.🤗🤗❣️