Lameé Friday!

April's POV:
   "April do me a favor and fix these in the fridge"said dad,pushing a bag of groceries in my face. Sometimes I felt like dad needed a woman in his life cause I was beginning to smell the stress from work and the depression that came with playing the role of a mother; it's not like I don't miss mum but, I just hate seeing dad looking like a worked out okra or something; I sighed moving to the fridge.

Over in the kitchen, I could hear the phone ringing it's head off; I got the fact that dad had no interest in picking it up as I moved over to the living room to check.
[" hello,April Dias here,how may I hel.."

"Oh hello dear, it's mrs.Roberts from next door;I was just wondering if you and your dad would like to join us for dinner  tonight"

"Umm,sure, sounds lovely Mrs Roberts;see you later then"

"Okay dear,but don't be late;I'm making my famous Turkey Lameé; you're gonna love it.Toodles then."]

She finally hang up;no offense but I really wanted to spend this Friday night watching a movie or something else;not lameéing over some turkey. I blabbed rolling my very stiffened eyeballs.

"Dad, you should get dressed,I just accepted to have dinner next door with the Roberts". I said, yanking myself upstairs. I got the fact that dad wasn't expecting this either.
*****
I got outside and surprisingly dad was already there waiting ;well someone seems excited to meet Mrs Roberts;I grinned, walking out. Dad insisted we took wine along,as it was a pretty pleasant thing to do when going out for dinner; like who the heck lied to him!

We paused at the door step as dad knocked his knuckles off;wasn't too long as Mrs Roberts bulged out looking pretty fantastic compared to last time. She grabbed me by the shoulders, placing kisses on my cheeks. Can someone tell her I ain't five anymore I mumbled down in my head as I moved inside, leaving dad caught in her
embrace.

" Okay, now that you're seated, let me get my son to join us;I'm sure he's trying to look his best" came Mrs. Roberts as she moved across the room. That's when I remembered she had a son and blah blah blah...

"Honey, our guests are in; you should get down here!" She yelled.

"Coming mum",hold on; now that voice sounded familiar; it sounded like...

"Shen honey, come meet out guests";now that's where I've heard that voice; Shen, the great Prince Charming is Mrs.Roberts son, and he lives just next door,wow, now that's news. I laughed

"What's she doing here mum?"
"I have no idea" I spat back giving a dumb answer to his dumb question.

"Have you two met already " said dad and mrs.Roberts in unison,our faces looking like ' what does it look like'.

I watched as mrs.Roberts pulled Shen out into the next room, probably to shove some sense into him, I'm sure she's probably blowing him with stuff like ' these are our guests, you should be nice' and a whole lot of those stuff.

Finally, they sat down,both spitting; "sorry about that" and smiling; why that little  cold  blooded rat; he can actually say sorry; wait, maybe it's a new word he just dumped in his vocabulary book;I said grabbing my fork as Mrs.Roberts served each plate.

"This is delicious " dad said to Mrs Roberts licking his sauce-coated lips. Well I won't lie, it was actually pretty good.

"Thanks; it's my own recipe so yes, it's got to be good. By the way, April you look very pretty tonight; don't you think so Shen?"

Not being able to consume up the last remark of Mrs.Roberts compliments, a lump of turkey went down the wrong hole; I could feel myself turning red as I coughed out  slamming the table hard; boy I could feel it shake nearly knocking down dads plate.

"Water, God, she's choking" came Mrs Roberts. Shen had the jug right in front of him but he cared less as he moved up to shove another chunk of turkey down his gob. I could feel my lungs forcing themselves and my breathing turning funny; I grabbed onto dads shoulder basically pulling the flesh I found on him through his shirt.

Through blurred teary eyes I could see Mrs Roberts yank a glass of water towards my mouth and even with blurred vision I could see all the colors wash down her face.

Wiping my tears and falling back in balance I stood from the table just watching, trying to remember what exactly happened five minutes ago.

"April are you okay?"dad finally said breaking the silence. Shocked out of my senses I headed straight to the door and out of the Roberts;not caring to hear anything else. The only thing I was gonna do was to Lameé back home and sort over things that would actually keep me alive.

*************************************

Hey there, thanks for reading this chapter. Please comment and vote; I would be totally grateful 😊🤗🤗