1 [The lonely boy]

"And then I think that maybe I was designed to be alone."

_______________________________

Choi Youngjae's POV

"Can you please stop following me today?" I stated coldly while eating my breakfast alone. The pancakes with caramel, sunny side ups, and the bacon didn't really open my appetite even though it looked so mouth watering.

What was the point when you needed to eat alone?

The two bodyguards that stood up beside me kept the stoic face on show, like always. They both were actually twins, Tyeo and Kyeo.

I already knew them for a quite long time since the first time they served me, when I was only 10.

"I'm afraid that we can't do that, Mister. Mr. Choi told us to keep you in company every time you walk out from the house." Kyeo finally spoke his mind at me, trying to explain the things that I already heard for a million times.

The food that I tried to swallow felt like sand in my throat. It was tasteless but I kept on chewing it quietly.

Sucked. It sucked to be me.

Everyone knew that I loved my dad to death and I truly appreciated the things that he had done to me.

He said, he would always keep me safe from this harsh world. But, I couldn't take this anymore. Too much. This was too much.

From the beginning, I knew that I was not an ordinary person. Coming from a very rich family, people always thought that I was blessed in every aspect. I was so lucky to get whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

That was true. But, there was one thing that a spoiled rich kid like me couldn't get.

It was freedom. I could never get freedom.

Everyday, Tyeo and Kyeo would be following me like a shadow, even at school. Because of that, I had no friends. No one had the gut to talk with me since they acknowledged the fact that my dad protected me very much.

If anyone wanted to talk with me, they would always think twice about that. I really hated it when Tyeo and Kyeo stopped them from talking with me. The principal had nothing to say about this matter since my dad made a deal with her.

I was different. I was not like everyone else that had a normal life. It was nothing to be proud of. Alone was the only word that could describe my pathetic life.

After my mom had passed away five years ago, my dad was the only person that I could talk to. He was the only person that I could talk freely. The only person that I was trusted with my feelings.

It saddened me a lot that my dad had been busy with his business these past few days. We rarely talked. But, I didn't want to be a burden to him either.

"Youngjae?"

When the door suddenly opened, my eyes widened in surprise.

A middle aged man was coming into the dining table with a very strong aura. Even though he was already reached 40, he still had the good statue like the younger people out there . Unlike me, I was nothing compared to him. He was bulkier, while I was just a skinny, small guy.

My dad.

"Mr. Choi."

Tyeo, Kyeo and the maidens in the dining room immediately bowed towards him with undeniable respect.

"Dad!" The real smile was appeared on my face once I saw him here. I quickly stood up from my chair and hugged him tightly. I knew that I was acting childish but I didn't see him for 4 days. I missed him. I missed talking with him.

"How are you, my son?" My dad beamed as he rubbed my soft hair lightly.

"I'm fine." I replied with the excitement that sparkled in my eyes. "How about you, dad? You're so busy! Did you already forget about me?!"

My dad chuckled once he heard the complain. I knew that I was being ridiculous.

"I'm sorry, Youngjae. But, I can't avoid my work, you know? I promise that I'll spend my time with you later." He tried to persuade me after seeing me pouting like a kid.

"Okey.." I replied softly, hoping that he would fulfil his promise later.

Biting my lips nervously, I really wanted to ask him to stop the bodyguards from following me all day. I knew that he would refuse but..

"Umm.. dad. About Tyeo and Kyeo, can you just stop them fr... "

"No, Youngjae." His voice was solid once he heard my request. I knew it. "You know that I can't do that. This is for your own safety."

My own safety?

"But dad, isn't this too much?! The other students don't have bodyguards like me! I just want to live normally like the others..." I whined, hoping that he could understand my reasoning.

I was tired being seen as a different person. I just wanted to blend into the society. This was my only request.

"I'm sorry. But, you know that I love you so much, right? I hired them to protect you."

"Protect me from what? I'll be fine. I promised."

The silence took over as my dad sighed deeply. He tried to avoid the eyes contact with me and I felt so bad for pressuring him like this.

Feeling utterly frustrated, I slowly sat on my seat while keeping my mouth shut this time. I knew that I couldn't change his mind. It was useless thing to do.

"I need to go. I'll see you later, Youngjae."

"Huh?" The disappointment kept bubbling up inside of me, attacking the little sanity that I had. Hearing those words really made me want to cry my heart out. I hoped that I could spend more time with him.

"Won't you eat breakfast first? Let's eat together before you going out again, dad."

"I can't, Youngjae. I'll be late for my meetings. Let's eat together later, okey?" He responded before bringing himself out from there. "See you later and have a good day at school later."

The door closed.

"Sure."

My appetite had already gone. The smile slowly faded from my face. It was hilarious that I felt alone again.

I can't take this anymore.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

A first chap! I hope u guys enjoyed it. Plz vote n comment ♡♡♡ Thank youuu ~ !
P/s: I'll try to update regularly. Probably a chapter for every week. ♡