5 [The Dark Room]

You don't stare the devil in the eyes and come out
without some of his sin.

______________________

Choi Youngjae's POV

"Let me out of here!! Please!!" I slammed my fists onto the metal door countless times, hoping that I could actually break it apart. The door only emitted a loud metal sound, as my fists felt numb from knocking it too hard.

"Shut the fuck up! I really want to kick you like a puppy but boss told us to never touch you. So, be grateful, you shit!"

The irritated voice could be heard from the outside, before the guy walked away and left me behind.

That person was one of Jaebum's workers. He just came here to give me food and then locked me back inside this dark room.

I tried to hold myself from sobbing because of this mental torture. My head pounded painfully, and my voice cracked up from screaming too much.

Staring at the ground, I saw the ugly looking meal that he just gave to me. It was the same, disgusting meal that they always preferred. Looking at the food, I felt insulted.

Even dog wouldn't eat such thing!

The anger was bubbling up inside my mind, as I kicked the meal as hard as I could. I was starving and thirsty to hell. But, dying from hunger didn't seem too bad for me.

Since the kidnapping, I already lost my sense of time. The room that Jaebum used to lock me, really upsetting me to the core. I guess that he already locked me here for days. It was dark, cold and very scaring. Not even a single soul wanted to stay here in any second.

Literally, there was nothing here. No bed, no toilet, and not even windows. I was practically trapped. The night was really terrifying as it was getting too dark, and too cold. I was freezing to death.

At time like this, I truly missed my home.

I missed Tyeo and Kyeo, the bodyguards that just got shoot from the current attack. I even missed the maidens that always took care of my clothes, foods, and my well being.

I missed my dad.

The fact that my dad was a mafia was still unacceptable to me. In fact, I felt so resentful towards him. Much to my chagrin, there was nothing that I could do except cursing my horrible life for the time being.

Even though I always been alone and left behind the invincible bars, it was better than staying under Jaebum's possession. Either way, I was a pity.

After staring at the ground for several minutes, the door had been opened by someone. My head snapped towards it, waiting nervously for the person to come in.

The guy with a ponytail came inside the room, probably checking up my condition. He looked around, before his eyes noticed the kicked meal on the dirty floor.

"You're such an ungrateful pest, aren't you?" He commented, breaking the silence. "Your dad never taught you to value food?"

His snarky comment somehow managed to get into my skin. I was already emotionally broken. I didn't need this unknown guy to make everything worse.

"You know, no one wants to eat that kind of shit!" I yelled furiously, keeping a rather nice distance from him. The last thing that I wanted was his fists on my body.

That guy approached me menacingly and I took a step back. When my body made contact with the wall, I gulped fearfully. He stopped just in front of me, grinning.