4 [The Unacceptable Truth]

Truths may hurt,
But it doesn't kill,
Lies may please,
But it doesn't heal.

_______________________

Choi Youngjae's POV

"You'll pay for this."

Pay? How could I pay?

I tried to process everything that he said, but my head couldn't function properly because of the shock that kept pumping through me.

Impossible.

When Jaebum declared that my dad was a mafia boss like himself, I simply couldn't accept the fact.

How could I believe when I recalled the gentle smile that my dad always threw at me?

Or how my dad always assured me that everything would going to be fine?

He was the nicest dad that I could ever ask for. Our family's name was known because of him. Everyone deeply respected him, including his workers. Sometimes, he would bring me to the place he worked. And there was nothing that screamed mafia there.

On top of it, my dad killed his brother? What a joke.

"L..Let me go." I tried to struggle again, totally seeing red this time. "I said, let me go!"

It would take a miracle for him to release me. The sickening smile that appeared on his handsome face was the only reply that he offered me.

"Your dad loves you so much, isn't he? You're probably the only person that he valued in this world." Jaebum changed the topic while walking in circle. His heavy steps were ringing in my ears, the only sound that I could hear.

"I wondered how that old man would react if he knew that you're in my hand." He muttered, before kneeling in front of me. "He must be so scared, so angry."

I just kneeled rigidly on my place while staring at the ground blankly. My body was flinched with horror when Jaebum brought his fingers near my lips, wiping the crimson blood that came out from the cuts.

"You know what I love the most in this world? Seeing people suffered."

Suffered. A sadistic mafia boss like him obviously enjoyed those things.

Tears were their favourite. Treating people like trash was their games.

And I was just another toy that they would enjoy to torture until they satisfied.

"What will you going to do with me?" I couldn't help but asking. The answer wouldn't be enjoyable but it was better then letting the curiosity overpowering me.

"I don't know, honey. Maybe I'll cut your fingers one by one. Or cut off your limbs. Or should I destroy this pretty face of yours too?"

My stomach twisted with fear hearing his creepy words. My mind couldn't stop from imagining the cruel things that he just calmly said.

And I knew it.

He got me.

"I'll destroy everything that your dad has. Including you."

No.

The inner me wanted to object everything that he remarked, and screamed at his face to stop treating me like trash. But, the fear that engulfed my sanity, made me thinking twice before doing anything reckless.

I couldn't stop shaking like a leaf.

Being tortured by the cruel, sadistic mafia. This was probably the end of me.