Prologue

Prologue

I can't fix all your problems, but I can promise you won't have to face them all alone

A young girl with brown hair lie crying in a dark unknown place; her hair was matted, and her face was covered in dirt. Her clothes were torn, blood ran from her lip, and a bruise decorated her left eye. A hand was placed on her shoulder and her head rose to find another girl, about her age, sitting beside her; her eyes were the brightest blue she had ever seen, and her burning red hair fell down her back in waves.

" It's alright." She whispered and the women frowned. " Who are you?"

" Someone to make sure that your never alone." She said with a smile. " When you have needed of me, I have always been here. Now, what troubles you?"

" I have lost everything, including my freedom, and I fear that I will lose my life as well."

" You must be strong, Shmi." She said taking her hand and the women shook her head. " How can I? I have nothing left."

" Then be strong, if not for yourself, for your unborn son."

At the mention of him, her eyes widened and a grin crossed a her face. " A boy?"

" Yes, and if he is to survive in this world, you must hold on to the hope that all is not lost."

She nodded without a word and as the young red head stood, Shmi grasped her hand. " Please, tell me who you are."

" We will meet again." She promised before vanishing, leaving Shmi to stare around in wonder before she placed a hand to her stomach. " A son." She whispered to the silence.