Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?

Aspen lie in her cell in silence as she stared at the cieling before looking over as Obi-wan appeared above her. " Any ideas yet?" He aked and she shrugged before stting up.

" Its been nearly six months Aspen, you need to find a way out of here and back to Luke."

" What happened to patience, and all that junk?" Aspen asked. " I can't be killed by normal means, all I can do is wait until the opportunity presents itself." She told him before the door opened to reveal Vader.

" Hasn't he done enough gloating." She heard Obi-wan say before he vanished and her eyes narrowed at him as he stepped into the room. " I thought I would be the first to inform you that your being relocated."

" Lucky me." Aspen said sarcastically under her breath.

" Also, I would like to inform you that you'll be receiving a visit from the emperor not long after your arrival, and I'm afraid that he won't be treating you with the same generosity that I have." Vader told her before he turned to leave but he stopped when he heard her call out. " The two of you can threaten me as much you like, my allegiance will not change and your Empire will fall."

Vader didn't respond as the door closed behind him and Aspen resumed her daily routine of watching the ceiling, and trying to sense where Luke and Leia were but she sat back up when Yoda suddenly appeared. " No, you can't be." Aspen whispered and he smiled a her.

" Come for us all in the end, death does." Yoda told her. " Stop it, even you, cannot."

" Sometimes I forget that not everyone lives forever." Aspen admitted placing a hand on her brace and he nodded. " In time, journey where none can follow, you will."

" So long as I am needed, I will be here."

Yoda disappeared as the door slid open once more, and troopers filed into the room to escort her to the transport.

********

Not long after take off, one of the blasters on a nearby trooper's belt mysteriously went off, leaving Aspen the only remaining passenger on the transport. She looked over as an elderly man with blue eyes appeared and her eyes narrowed as he freed her from the restraints on her hands. " What are you doing here Isaac, I have this completely under control."

" Do you?" He asked before following her over to the controls. " Is that why your on your way to the emperor, and not with the Skywalker boy."

" If I had not done what I had, Luke would be dead."

She began to hit several buttons and Isaac frowned in confusion. " Why are you not changing course?"

" Because, even if I escape and return to Luke, I will just end up right back with Vader; it is it Luke's destiny to face his father."

" What do you know of destiny?" Isaac questioned and Aspen hesitated as she reached for the hyper drive before she suddenly found herself looking at him as he turned the chair she was sitting in. " Have you forgotten so easily who you are?" He asked. " Have you forgotten the lives sacrificed just to get you here?"

" I never asked for that." Aspen said looking away. " I never asked for anyone to die, not for me."

" But they did, and now your willing to throw away their sacrifice for the so-called destiny of one boy. Your duty is to your people." He snapped.

" My duty is to the Skywalker Bloodline." Aspen retorted suddenly shooting to her feet, causing the elderly man to stumble back in shock when he saw how brightly her eyes burned with rage. " Yes, I swore to uphold the rights given to me." She cried. " Yes, I swore to not let their sacrifice be in vain, but I also swore my life to always protect, and guide my charges; if I were to betray those vows, it would be no different then allowing myself to forget why I'm here in the first place."

Isaac fell to the ground as she stepped toward him and stood up to her full height. " You question if I have so easily forgotten who I am, so let me tell you; I am Aspen, the last remaining heir of the immortalem, and your future queen. My duty is to those who need me, and right now  I have somewhere to be; I suggest you leave now, before I have to remind you of the power I hold."

He was silent as he watched her in fear as she sat back down and resumed piloting the transport on its current course for the new death star.