Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Guilt is anger directed at ourselves-- at what we did or did not do - Peter McWilliams 

Aspen paced as she listened to Obi-wan, Yoda and Senator Organa discuss the fate of the newborn twins, Luke and Leia but when they mentioned sepeating them she came to a stop, and frowned at the three men in confusion" Troubling you, something is? " Yoda questioned and Obi-wan looked at her in sorrow as she said. " I promised him that I would look after his child."

" But which, is the question." Yoda said.

" If the girl goes with the senator, and Obi-wan takes the boy to his uncle, then I cannot protect them both."

" Keep out of sight, you must. Risk capture, you cannot" Yoda told her. " Help Obi-wan, you will."

" I understand." Aspen said before leaving the room, but as she walked she found herself drawn to the room where the twins slept. She entered the room, and a smile crossed her face as she stared down at them. " So beautiful, and completely unaware of the people who will now fight to keep you both safe. I wish you both luck, Luke. Leia."

She glanced over her shoulder as Obi-wan and Senator Organa entered, before turning back to the twins.

Several years later...

A speeder tore through the cavern, dust flying behind it as a hooded figure rode on the back. The speeder swerved before turning completely around and coming to a stop at the edge of a cliff. The figure climbed off before walking over to get a better view as a bunch of raiders attacked a young boy below, only to be scared of as another hooded figure approached to check on the boy. He removed his hood and turned at the sound of a droid which he beckoned forward before turning back to the boy as he awoke.

The figure on the cliff returned to their speeder as they departed from the cavern, and followed far behind them; the only one that seemed to take notice of the figure was the elderly man, who had introduced himself as Obi-wan 'Ben' Kenobi.

The figure didn't follow them inside of Obi-wan's home, but remained outside to unpack the supplies that they had gathered in the near by town. When they entered, the young boy watched the figure in confusion as they moved about in silence. " Who's that?" The boy whispered in question to Obi-wan, who only smiled as he responded. " Who don't you ask her yourself, she's been waiting a long time to meet you."

" I thought we talked about that, old man." The figure suddenly said glancing at them over her shoulder, revealing a pair of bright blue eyes.

" She doesn't like it when I talk like she isn't here." Obi-wan whispered to the boy and her eyes narrowed at him before she turned her cold gaze to the boy. " My name is Aspen, it is a pleasure to finally meet you, Luke." She greeted before leaving the room, and Luke frowned at Obi-wan in confusion.

" Don't take it to hard my boy, she has been like that for many years." He sighed. " She blames herself for the death of your father, a part of her believes that it was her doing that turned Darth Vader into what he is now. She used to smile all the time, but now the light in her has darkened, and been replaced by the girl you see now; that was also the girl that loved your father with all of her heart."

Luke glanced in direction that she had disappeared in before asking. " Do you think she'll ever go back to being that person?"

" I'm afraid that that girl died with your father" Obi-wan told him before a loud crash sounded from the other room.