Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Forgiveness means letting go of the hope for a better past.

As Aspen watched Luke disappear further into the swamp, she looked down at Yoda who nodded in response to her silent question. She let out a breath before walking over to sit in front of the cave, her legs folded underneath her and her hands folded in her lap as she bowed her head. " Regret, do you?" Yoda questioned

" Letting my anger get the best of me when he needed me the most." Aspen said. " I regret not being able to save his mother, and I regret the choices I made when it came to not stopping Anakin that day."

" Unchangeable but accepted, the past can be."

" But my regret began long before Shimi died, my regret began the day that I realized I loved him. " Aspen said before looking over at Yoda. " And I regret it still, even after everything that he has done."

" Our choice it is not, love another in time you will."

" I do not believe that Master Yoda." Aspen whispered and he walked over to stand beside her. " but the first step belief is." He told her. " To move on, let him go, you must."

Several hours later, Aspen stood watching from next to a tree as Luke argued with Yoda and Obi-wan on whether or not he should help Leia and Han who had seen were in danger. aspen went over to ship as he climbed in and he looked down at her. " Are you coming?" He asked and she nodded before turning to Master Yoda.

" He will be fine, and we will return." She swore before climbing into the ship behind him, and quickly bucking herself in. As the top closed, she let out a sigh and began to hit the necessary buttons. " May the force be with you both." She hear Obi-wan say and she glanced toward the two masters just before they took off from the swamp like planet

*******

Aspen looked around as she sat on Luke's shoulder before quickly climbing off as someone began to fire at them. Aspen and Lue followed after a bunch of troopers as they led Leia and Chewie into a nearby room, completely ignoring Leia as she yelled at them not to follow. The door shut behind them and they turned as Darth Vader appeared above them. Aspen was reaching for her weapon when Luke stopped her. " No, he's mine." Luke told her and she frowned at him before stepping aside, knowing that she had no choice.

The two force users drew their lightsabers and Aspen stood looking around for an option on what to do, but found nothing. Vader and Luke disappeared below, and she followed after them when she heard a crash but when she reached them, she found the two of them on a ledge below. " Luke." Aspen cried and his eyes met hers before he glanced below.

She nodded trusting his decision before leaping down to face Vader; as she landed she drew one of her sabers and raised it in attack. " I was surprised when I saw you that day, I thought you had died with them."

" We both know that even if they had, I would have still lived; through you." She said before she struck at him her saber, only to have him block her attack. A battle began between the two of them, though it was mostly her trying to lure Vader away, and distract him while Luke and Leia got away.

She ducked as he swiped at her head before she drew her second saber, turned and held one saber to the front of his mask and the other to side; one move and she would decapitate him completely. " You can't do it." He told her." I know you to well."

" You don't know anything about me." She snapped

" Then finish it." He retorted and her eyes narrowed before she glanced behind her to see a bunch of troopers on the ledge above her; they aimed their blasters at her and she turned back to Vader as they called out for her to drop her weapons. She lowered her sabers after a few more minutes of glaring at Vader and her he stared at her as the soldiers rushed forward to restrain and disarm her. " Your eyes still hold that same weakness Aspen, just as they did the day you said you would protect her."

He turned to the nearest trooper and motioned to her. " Take her to my ship, I'll deal with her later."

" Yes sir." The trooper responded before Aspen was led away at gun point.