Chapter 19

Chapter 19

We only part to meet again - John Gay

Aspen's eye fluttered open as a shadow passed by her hanging residence, something that the younger students had crafted for her, and hung up for her. It was made out of what ever they could get their little hands on, ranging from scrap metal pieces to tree bark to glass, and the floor was lined with pieces of cloth and stuffing from old furniture. Sure, she could have slept in one of the rooms like the others, but Aspen preferred her smaller form when resting for the night, this also provided her more privacy.

Aspen peaked through the opening that acted as a door, confusion on her face as she watched Luke wander into Ben's room. Following her instinct, Aspen climbed down, and snuck over to the door. Her eyes widened and she rushed in just in time to throw up her lightsabers, blocking Luke's own as he raised it to strike at Ben who stared at them in terror. Something shoved Aspen aside and her vision went black as the ceiling collapsed on top of her.

If I had known what was coming, I still would not have stepped aside. In fact, I might have fought harder to change Ben's mind. Perhaps it might have changed the events to come, and spared countless lives. Unlike with Anakin, I turned my back on the galaxy, went into hiding, and ignored the cries of thousands of people. I refused to face Leia, or Han, even when Luke to disappeared.

I heard whispers of course, of a new darkness in the galaxy by the name of Kylo Ren.

I knew it was Ben.

The mask couldn't fool me because no matter how long we were apart, there would always be a connection between us.

Sooner, or later, we would meet again.