Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Every new friend is a new adventure....the start of more memories - Patrick Lindsay 

" I'm surprised that your not going with him. " A voice said and Aspen turned to find a transparent Obi-wan standing beside her. " He'll be fine, he's a skywalker."  Aspen responded before waving at Luke, who waved back before taking off with R2 in the Starfighter. She waited a few minutes before going to see what was going on in the control room, and the girl looked over as Aspen approached. " I'm Leia, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself before." She greeted and surprise crossed Aspen's face before being replaced by a calm expression.

" Aspen." She said returning the greeting.

" I'm surprised that your not out there, you seem like the type" Leia told her and Aspen let out a laugh before she shook her head. " I'm actually extremely terrified of flying one of those things, have been for many years."

" You seemed fine when we were with that smuggler."

" Oh I'm fine with ships like that, as long I'm not the one piloting them." Aspen explained 

" So, how long have you known Luke?" Leia asked and Aspen frowned at her as she responded. " I've known him his whole life, why do you ask?"

" No reason, just curious." Leia said before changing the subject. " So, your a Jedi?"

" You could say that." Aspen muttered. " So your a princess."

" You could say that." Leia countered before a smirk crossed both of their faces.

This was going to be a wonderful friendship

***********

Aspen disappeared not long after the Deathstar was destroyed and no one seemed to know where she went; in fact the next time anyone saw her was the day after the award ceremony. She was sitting on top of a balcony watching as everyone continued to celebrate their victory against the empire. " I'm surprised that your not celebrating, sister." Someone told her and she turned to see a young girl with pale blonde hair and bright blue eyes like hers.

" And I'm surprised your even here, where is your charge?" Aspen asked searching the crowd and the blonde smiled before motioning toward a dancing couple. " His name is Mathew, and that is his betrothed Clarity."

" They look happy." Aspen said and the blonde nodded before walking over to sit beside her. " I hear your charge saved the day during the battle, how does it feel to know you inspired that after everything that your last one did?" She asked and Aspen looked away.

" My feelings do not matter, I am tying to set it right."

" Oh really? Then tell me why you allowed that boy to destroy everything we worked so hard to achieve." The blonde questioned." The counsel only gives so many chances, Aspen. " She hissed and Aspen ground her teeth to keep herself from snapping back at her.

" Did you only come up here to taunt me, Isabelle?" Aspen asked and the blonde rolled her eyes. " Actually no, I came up here to inform you, that if you fail again the counsel will hold you responsible, and you will be stripped of not only your abilities, but also your title as guardian. Your lucky that they over looked your absence these passed few years "

Not being able to take it anymore, Aspen stood up and turned on her. " I don't care what the counsel thinks, if they want my finis, they can come and get it themelves but until then, I'm going to continue to do my job- my way."

Isabelle stared at her in shock as she then shoved passed her and left the blonde standing on the balcony alone.