[03]

HORIZON
three | they don't know

          "AFTER OUR LAST session, I went to the movies and met someone

"AFTER OUR LAST session, I went to the movies and met someone." Savannah confessed, uncrossing her legs from each other. Her body leaned forward, clasping both hands together. Almond eyes stared at the grey carpet underneath her feet.

She didn't see it, but Mrs. Kelley's eyes widen at her words. Clearing her throat, she sat up straight and clicked her pen. "You did? Tell me about it."

"I was, uh, sitting in the lobby and just watching everyone around me like I usually do. And I saw this...girl sweeping the floors. I felt like I was going to vomit since she kept inching closer to me without realizing. Then I might've squeezed my cup so hard that it exploded all over me and it just went on from there." Savannah explained, hoping her therapist wouldn't ask her to go into detail about her and Carson, or just Carson in general. It was one thing to fantasize and slightly stalk the girl but it was another to actually talk about it.

Mrs. Kelley paused for a moment, writing something down in Savannah's file. This was the first time she ever heard Savannah go out and meet someone. The girl had such bad social anxiety she would always find excuses not to do something out in the public. A soft, proud smile spread across her face before looking back at her patient. "Has anything else happened or was it just a one-time thing?"

"I bumped into her in the bathroom at the theater a few days ago." She admitted, purposefully keeping out the desire of wanting to talk to Carson again. Butterflies flew around in her stomach at the thought of the fiery red head. Now that she clearly heard Carson's voice, it was on repeat in her head. "I gave her my number and we've been texting back and forth, that's it."

The second she placed her phone to the side, Savannah stared at it with a finger nail between her teeth. When it lit up again, her heart stopped but it kept beating when seeing it was just a notification from a game app she never played. Sighing, she turned her body on the bed, both hands running through her hair multiple times.

Her and Carson had been texting ever since the day she gave the girl her number. As soon as Carson was off work, she began the conversation with a simple; Hey J. It went on from then. The only times they stopped was when night shadowed across town.

Knowing Carson was into girls; Savannah would occasionally bring up attractive celebrities. This was to see what the girl's type was. It was harder than Savannah thought since Carson would change the subject to something else immediately after answering.

Carson: ya! i've been listening to their album all day finally

Carson: and i'll be honest, i started when you mentioned it

Tired blurred Savannah's vision. She rubbed her eyes with her fists, trying to stay awake but eventually ended up falling asleep before replying to Carson's message.