[04]

HORIZON
four | sky and sea

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of depression and self harm

TRIGGER WARNING:
mentions of depression and self harm.

SAVANNAH LOVED THE rain. Watching the drops of water fall from the sky was a coping tragedy she taught herself. It was like television without the commercials. But per say, it was more like music. She couldn't watch the rain all day but she could listen to it. The way the droplets hit the windows and the concrete ground.

Sometimes, when her day was free, she would stand and let the rain hit her skin. Her head would roll back and feel water splash against her face. Although it drenched her clothes, she didn't care. She didn't care how much of a pain it was going to be to take the clothes off. She didn't care about getting sick as her mother as said every single time it rained.

It had been years since it rained when she was genuinely happy. Was the reason Carson? Possibly. But, it wasn't because Savannah was dependent. Not being alone for the first time was what set off the launch of joy. She had been trapped in her own isolation that she forgot how she missed having another person her age to talk to. Someone who understood regular teenage struggles.

The crush Savannah thought she developed of Carson faded. In her opinion, she was desperate to find love and that shadowed over finding friendship. Even though she quite didn't follow why she got certain feelings in her stomach whenever around the ginger girl.

Ever since the jar of Carson's personal life opened, it brought the two closer together. Almost every day they were hanging out and when they weren't, they were texting constantly.

They were in the attic of Carson's parent's bookstore, aka her bedroom. It was raining roughly outside so instead of going to the park like they had planned, they stayed inside and worked on school assignments. Instrumental music tickled the air with the hint of rain in the background.

Savannah was sprawled out on the bed, her notebooks opened, reading different subjects in colorful ink; it helped her memorize what she needed. Her laptop laid in front of her, brightly gazing onto the glass of her glasses. Occasionally, her almond eyes glanced from the screen to see Carson's back facing her. The girl was sitting at her desk, taking a quiz for one of her classes.

Pulling the palm of her hand underneath her chin, she sighed deeply. Boredom was hanging above her head like a cloud. She urged to take a break. So, she exited out of the school website and went to her page on Tumblr. This was where she found her inspiration to accomplish the goal of having a successful recovery.

The website was swarmed with millions of teens suffering from mental illness. It made her feel less alone in the world, mentally. She was friends with people all around the world, some too scared to confess their emotions and suffers to their parents, so they go to the website for advice. This was where Savannah came into the picture. She would give tips, encouraging words for the people to continue on. It made her feel important, helping others.