[06]

HORIZON
six | know the history

WARNING: a chapter as small as donald trump's hands

"THANKS FOR DROPPING ME OFF," Savannah said to Carson as they sat in the ginger girl's car. They were parked in the driveway of her house. It was a few hours after meeting Carson's friends and she felt good. For the first time in a while, she fought the anxiety and stayed in Jackie's home. Not making up an excuse to leave early was a huge accomplishment. To say Savannah was proud of herself was an understatement. "I had a really fun time. Your friends are really nice."

"Of course, I did drive you there so it would be a douche move to not," Carson stated. A light laugh escaped her lips, trying to make her comment as a joke. She was one of those people who were straightforward when it came to their thoughts and opinions. This was shown earlier when she strongly suggested for Bianca to stop talking about her past with Jackie. It was obvious it was something she wasn't necessarily proud of.

"Can I ask you something?" The tone of Savannah's voice lowered as if she was ashamed of even thinking about her next words. When learning new information about Carson's past relationships, it was something she couldn't drop. It danced in her mind, waiting to explode in a mixture of emotions. She didn't know how to feel about it. Clearly, she had feelings for the girl sitting next to her and wanted to make sure she had a chance to at least not feel guilty about the fantasies and thoughts that developed. Carson nodded to her question, turning her body in the seat to face Savannah. "Would you mind...possibly...only if you want, explain what happened between you and Jackie?"

Carson was hesitant for a moment. From the expression, her face held, she was debating whether or not to lie. A sigh of defeat left her, the devil on her shoulder losing to the angel. Her thumbs began to fiddle with each other as she spoke, "I mentioned before that she was my first kiss, right? Well, I met her last year and she was completely open with her sexuality and I was confused with mine. So, one night, she took me to a party, and she kissed me while we were dancing. Before things could get hot and heavy, I left. I felt terrible for ditching her but my head was moving so fast I could barely see; I had to get out. There was a little alcohol in my system so I started walking home but Jackie caught up with me. She was so pissed."

"She didn't know you were confused, did she?" Savannah guessed, watching the girl's hands nervously play with each other. She hated that she made her friend feel this way, guilt clouded above her head.

"I led her on. I was experimenting with her without realizing." A sigh left her lips drastically, hanging her head in shame. "After I told her, she offered to help me figure out my shit, which she did. I know she still has feelings for me and I've tried hinting that I'm not into her but I think her emotions shadow over reality."

"I'm sorry I asked."

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because, I feel like, I'm interfering with everything."