[07]

HORIZON
seven | edward is her beard

          "I HAVE A QUESTION," CARSON stated into thin air

          "I HAVE A QUESTION," CARSON stated into thin air. Rays from the sun shined upon her facial features, giving her freckles an opportunity to brighten.

          "Shoot," Savannah said. The two girls sat in her bedroom, watching Twilight. From their second encounter, it was mentioned that Carson had never seen it. Ever since then, Savannah has begged and begged for them to watch it together. There were a variety of opinions on the film series and for some reason, she really wanted to know the girl's take on it.

          "Have you ever been to a pride parade before?" the ginger asked, taking the remote control and pausing the movie. Although she expressed how 'disgustingly hetero' it was, she obviously was enjoying it and didn't want to miss a second it of it. Savannah shook her head, begging her to continue what was on her mind. "Well, Bianca bought tickets a while ago for the group to go this weekend and Zach isn't going because, well, he's straight. If you want to come, a ticket is on the table."

          Savannah was unsure how to feel. Going to a pride parade was something she had always wanted to attend but was too scared to ask her parents to take her. But, it's a second-choice invite. Originally, she wasn't part of the plan to go but now that Zach isn't, this offer is just for anyone. However, this would be the first event she would go to with a group of people she was fond of. Screw the insecurity; she was being asked to hang out at a place she's been desperate to go to!

          "I would love to go. I just have to ask my parents," she answered with a wide smile. The chances of her parents' decision were fifty-fifty. Besides the overprotecting their children, they continually said 'yes' to situations like these if there are people they know attending. And from how meeting Carson went and how they expressed their adoration for the girl, it seemed like the answer would be a simple 'yes'. "Who would take us, you know, if I went?"

          "Jackie's mom," Carson answered, "she's one of those overprotective parents. One time, we went to this festival, and she made us wear matching neon pink shirts. Oh, and she brought this flag that she held up just in case one of us got lost. Because of that, all of our parents make sure she's the one who takes us everywhere."

          "I'm pretty sure my parents would love her."

          Carson grinned softly. Once again, she grabbed the remote control and resuming the movie as she laid her back against the headboard of the bed. A deep sigh left her lips, keeping her eyes on the screen. "Now, explain to me how Bella isn't a lesbian."

          "Why do you think she's a lesbian?" Savannah laughed. She shoved several pieces of popcorn into her mouth, causing at least one to fall onto her shirt. Before she was able to snatch it, Carson's fingers got there first. A smirk appeared as she quickly threw the food into her mouth. God, that smirk, that confidence. Savannah was practically putty in this girl's hands and she didn't even realize it.