Electrifying

Making his way through the dense forest of trees, Vaati tried his best to get away from the fields as quickly as possible. He didn't want to experience another unexpected run-in with someone anytime soon. The thought made his heart skip a beat, and although he knew that he would easily be able to destroy a Hylian or turn one to stone, he wasn't interested with dealing with all the chaos that was sure to ensue after all was said and done. No, it was easier to lie low at this point then to risk unnecessary bad attention.

Now, if he was a boss monster where would he be? Vaati briefly wondered who exactly he would have to face off against. Hopefully it would be an easy monster to beat and not one who would pose an actual threat, although he was sure that the goddesses would try to make things as difficult as possible for him. Oh well, as long as he didn't have to battle that one boss monster...

No, that wouldn't ever happen. The goddesses wouldn't be so cruel as to do that to him, would they? They wouldn't even dare to think of doing that, right? Shaking his head, Vaati tried to clear his mind of these unwanted thoughts as he carried onwards through the trees.

By now Vaati had been walking through the trees for a few minutes, and he was beginning to worry. Why were there so many trees, was he lost? Starting to panic, Vaati ran forwards, propelling himself between the rows upon rows of trees. There had to be a way out somewhere.

Soon enough he saw a light at the end of the forest of trees, and thankfully reached it. Stepping out onto the other side of the overgrowth, Vaati heaved a sigh of relief. Silently he scolded himself for freaking out so fast. What an embarrassing moment that had been.

Yet for Vaati, being stuck inside of that haven of trees was probably the worst thing he could ever imagine, the branches closing in on every side of him with no way out. One of Vaati's biggest secrets ever was that he was completely claustrophobic. That was one of his greatest weaknesses, the one that he made sure nobody ever found out about. He would rather die then let Link know that his greatest fear was getting stuck in enclosed, tightly confined spaces.

Walking quickly so he could put as much space between him and the towering trees as possible, Vaati made his way towards the castle once more. He wasn't planning on actually entering the town itself, but he wanted to get near enough so that he could see if he could catch a glimpse of any strange disturbances. If there was a boss monster loose somewhere, he was sure that it's first target would be the town.

Now that he was nearing the town, Vaati would have to be more cautious. There were bound to be loads of people about, though how many he couldn't say for sure, and they would all be able to recognize him easily as the infamous wind sorcerer who had recently kidnapped the princess and held her as his captive.

Wait a second.

Grinning widely from ear to ear, Vaati realized with a start of great relief that no one would recognize him. They all knew him as the looming demon eye, not as the fair skinned, lavender haired Hylian. In fact, the only people from this era who had ever seen him in his Hylian form were Link and Zelda. Besides those two, nobody else would ever even guess that he was the all powerful wind mage!

Now not needing to be careful and wary of others, Vaati walked purposefully and with an air of arrogance and an unmistakable flair in his step. Looking at him now, he was the picture of self confidence. Why shouldn't he be? There was nothing for him to worry about now.

"Hey, you!" Called a voice from the behind him. "Wait up a second!"

Turning around, Vaati looked to see who had called out to him. "What do you want?" He asked in his usual arrogant manner. "I've got important things to do, so if you've stopped me for no reason you'll be very, very sorry."