To The Festival

Making their way along the outskirts of Hyrule castle town, Vaati and Lexi traveled in search of any disturbances that could have possibly been caused by a big boss monsters behavior. Not having any idea of where would be the best place to start their search, they decided to begin by venturing near the town. Usually monsters would be attracted to wreaking havoc in the most well populated areas, and out of all of Hyrule the town was easily the place which contained the most people.

"Which big monster are we searching for, exactly?" Lexi glanced over at Vaati with a questioning look in her big violet eyes. Looking around, she made a wide gesture with her arm. "I personally don't see any threats to Hyrule around here."

Sniffing, Vaati replied cooly. "I don't know which monster we're looking for, but it's supposed to be pretty obvious when you see it. Believe me, it's definitely around here somewhere."

"How do you even know that, did the goddesses tell you this or something?" Lexi asked sarcastically, a small smirk playing on her lips. Vaati's answer to her smart remark sure surprised her.

"If you must know, then yes, the goddesses did tell me."

At this, Lexi turned towards him in complete disbelief. "Wait, what? Are you serious? No, you can't actually be serious..."

Rolling his eyes, Vaati answered her back with annoyance. "My dear, of course I'm serious. Do you honestly think I'm one to tell humorless jokes? The goddesses did actually tell me about there being a threatening monster on the loose, but it's up to you wether you decide to believe me or not. I for one don't care what you think, and I know what I witnessed."

"I don't know what to believe, honestly, but if what you say is true then why did the goddesses come to speak to you of all people? I mean, not to be rude, but you'd think they would talk with our hero Link or the Princess Zelda first if something bad were to occur."

At this Vaati turned so that he was fully facing towards Lexi and suddenly stopped completely, holding out an arm for her to do the same. In a low whisper that sounded more like a threatening growl, Vaati spoke a string of quiet words in her ear. "I've got my own reasons for my actions and theirs, ones which I don't think I'll be sharing with anybody anytime soon. Now if you're just going to be a nosy pest, feel free to leave. I don't want to have some tag along hindrance following me about."

"I-I'm sorry, it's just sort of hard to believe that the goddesses came to you..." Glancing over at Vaati, she noticed him about to make another remark and quickly amended her words. "I mean, it's not that I don't believe you! That's not it at all! So, um, where do you suggest we start looking for the monster?"

Grateful of the change of topic, Vaati answered her back with less of a cold tone then he had used before. "I don't know, usually monsters like wreaking havoc in big crowds to gain attention. There's only one monster I personally know who would take the more practical approach to things because he's actually a somewhat smart monster. So, how about going into castle town? It's the most populated area around here."

"Alright, sounds like a plan. Wait a second," Lexi began suspiciously. "How do you know so much about monsters, and who's this 'one monster' who in your opinion is actually smart?"

"Again dear, don't ask unnecessary questions that you won't like the answer to."

"What do you mean, questions I won't like the answer to-"

"Shush," Vaati said, annoyed. "I just told you, you probably won't like the answers to the questions you just asked, and I'm personally better off not telling you anything. Let's leave it at that. Understand?" There was now a glint of fiery anger in Vaati's visible red eye that was hard to miss, almost as though he was holding back an explosion of unkempt rage.