Painfully Annoying

"Lexi, honestly, where are we going?"

The young woman with bright violet eyes looked over at Vaati, who was glaring at her with as much annoyance as he could muster, while speaking to her rudely. "We've been walking for well over an hour already, and we haven't even reached this person we're supposed to see about that damned goddess-forsaken map yet!"

Smiling to herself, Lexi thought about how Vaati's bad attitude would probably never change. "We're almost there, I promise," she vowed. "I can't tell you where we are going yet, because if I do you might clue in as to who we're going to be seeing and..." She trailed off nervously, hoping that Vaati wouldn't be too mad when he found out who she was taking him to see.

"Lexi, I demand that you tell me who we're going to see. Right. Now." He growled angrily, and she could tell that he was done with being uninformed.

"Fine," she sighed, giving into his rather demanding request. "Just don't get too mad when you find out who it is, okay?" She asked him lightly, hoping that he wouldn't explode with anger at her or worse, leave her and make her face Tingle all by herself. She shuddered at the thought of going anywhere near that creep without Vaati around, for he would surely be able to handle himself around the middle aged, fairy obsessed man... Right?

"I make no promises," Vaati said, narrowing his eyes. "Now please, just spit it out already. Who is it?"

Taking a deep breath, she replied, "I'm taking you to see Tingle. I'm sorry, I know he's a creeper but he's the only person I know of who can translate maps! Oh please don't kill me, or worse, leave me to see him by myself. You wouldn't be that cruel-"

"Woah, slow down," Vaati cut in. "So, we're going to see a fellow by the name of Tingle, you say?"

Lexi nodded her head, waiting anxiously for the unhappy response that was sure to come. What Vaati said next came as quite a shock to her.

"I've never heard of Tingle before, what ever could be so bad about him?" Vaati asked with honest curiosity, tilting his head slightly.

"Wait, so you're telling me you've never heard of Tingle before!?" Lexi asked with disbelief. "How is that possible? Everyone in Hyrule has heard of Tingle."

"No my dear, I've actually never heard of him before, so if you would please enlighten me as to who he is that would be much appreciated."

Still not able to believe that he had never heard about Tingle before, Lexi started explaining about the weird fairy man to Vaati, shivers running down her spine as she began to describe in full detail the extent of his creepiness.

"Tingle is... Odd, to say in the least. He's this middle-aged guy who has an obsession with faries, he's a total moocher when it comes to getting rupees and charges for everything, and not to mention he wears this disgusting, skin tight green leotard. He even looks creepy." Lexi finished with a deep shudder, shaking her head to clear the image of Tingle that had just popped into her mind.

"Well, I must admit that I have to agree with you on the creepy leotard thing, that sounds like a bit much," Vaati sniffed, wondering who in their right mind would choose to wear a tight fitting green leotard by choice. Snickering to himself, he thought with a sly smile, heh, on second thought I wouldn't put it past Link to wear something like that...

"But, I've learned not to judge a book by its cover, and I know firsthand how bad it feels to be judged solely by ones outward appearance." Vaati trailed off as his mind flashed into the territory of unwanted, but never forgotten, memories. The ones which had been engraved into his mind for thousands of years, the ones he highly doubted he would ever forget.