Six

"They're gone! THEY'RE REALLY GONE!"

The black figure stood in shock as he noticed the two chairs were empty.

"And I know who to blame..."

The figure turned to his 'girlfriend', who was a little black lady with a dress made out of cobwebs.  Of course, she wasn't his REAL girlfriend, since he only took her to prove his loyalty.

"Honey, dear, I know nothing about this kidnapping! Who are these victims?"

"Some mopes named Harry and Clarissa."

The little black lady flinched. "I have a feeling you're up to certainly no good." The black figure's eyelids rose. "What..? I-I'm not a bad person! I'm j-just doing m-my job!"

"Doesn't sound like a good job to me. You need to get your ducking act together or go to prison with all the other bastards. Simple, isn't it?"

The wind was a mixture of warmth and moisture that summer day in June, the leaves hanging on tightly to the trees. The sturdy terra was crisp and firmly packed, and the sky was oh so blue not even my great-grandmother would tell you why the sky was the color of rich water. Even so, with all the beautiful elements of a typical township, there was nothing typical of what was happening in the black figure and the little black lady's case.

"Who do you think you are?!? Clarissa... she... was my friend!"

"SINCE WHEN?!"

"S-Since high school! THAT'S when!"

"High school, heh?" Taking an extra chain, he whipped the little black lady's dark body as he tried to drive her out of the terrible-looking house. While the black lady shed every tear she could possibly give, the black figure knew nothing of what happened behind the scenes; not only did Harry, Clarissa Buttercream escape with the hands of that dreadful creature, something else barely ticked him.

Harry Alfred Woolsworth had been watching the two figures' feud all along.