Chapter One

I hope this chapter clears up some confusion! This is a sequel to my book "Broken". :) I really hope everyone enjoys this chapter. A lot more will happen as the story progresses. Just like "Broken", my Wattpad best friend BelWatson made this cover for my story! SHE'S SUPER AMAZING. <3 So, this chapter is dedicated to her.

Love, RelentlessChaos <3

-------------------------

Chapter One

Ariella’s POV

Paparazzi and screaming girls surrounded us. I could barely think straight. The only thing that kept me aware that this wasn’t a dream was the tugging on my hand. Niall was pulling me through a crowd. It was getting really hot and sweat was developing in little beads on my forehead. I used the hand that Niall wasn’t holding to wipe it off. Harry and Louis trailed behind Niall and I while Liam and Zayn were ahead of us. We were all struggling to get through the massive crowd. One Direction’s security guards kept having to control crazy fan girls as they tried to jump onto the boys. Insults were thrown left and right at me but I learned to ignore them.

I stumbled over people’s feet a few times and I was getting more irritated every second. I felt sorry for the boys because it was like this everywhere they went. I hated the feeling of having no privacy. I guess this was what it felt like to be famous.

Don’t get me wrong, I respected One Direction’s fans very much, but they could get really crazy at times. This was one of those times.

“Hold on, babe. We’re almost to the car,” Niall reassured me.

“Okay,” I squeaked.

The screams got louder but I paid it no attention. There was a different sound to these screams though. Just when I thought I was going to get away from the crowd, I heard a really loud noise.

I looked down and saw the blood before I felt the pain. I fell to my knees and looked down at my bloody chest in horror. Niall was screaming beside me but I could barely hear him. My heartbeat was vibrating through my ears. I fell on my back and groaned as I felt a deep pain rip through my chest.

What happened to me?

I blinked rapidly because I was slowly losing my vision. Black dots clouded over my eyes and eventually took over my sight.

“The bullet hit an inch away from her heart. She almost died. Yes, charges will be pressed. No, don’t let her boyfriend or his friends anywhere near her. They are the least of my worries right now…”

A loud voice echoed through the room that I woke up in. My eyelids felt like cement blocks. They were so heavy. I barely lifted them and was met by a blinding light. I wasn’t wearing any clothes. Instead I was clothed in a thin gown that felt like paper. Needles were stuck into my veins all up and down my arms.

“Ariella, you’re awake!” A man shouted.