2-He Finds Me

I watched the mermaids playing around in their pools. I wanted to be down there with them, but I couldn't swim. I didn't even know whether or not they liked sphinxes. So I just watched until noon. I was really tired by then, so I changed into my beastia.
     I was this really tiny black lion in my beastia. I was the size of a normal cat in the wild, but a lion that size. I thought it was unfair since most sphinxes were bigger in their beastia but that is what I get for being the runt.
     I curled up on the very edge of the mini cliff I had been living on for the past week. I closed my eyes and went to sleep, purring at the warmth of the sun as my black fur absorbed the heat.
     I had dreamt of swimming through the ocean before finding this opening to a river. I swam up it for a long time, noticing how clean-cut the edges of the river was and how the walls of it curved. After a while I was in a pool of salt water, and in the middle of the pool was this little island surrounded by a reef that looked like the corals were made of jewels. I spun in a circle, looking at everything in wonder. It was so bright here. The way the sunlight filtered down through the water to the bottom of the pool. It was just so beautiful that it made me regret being a sphinx instead of a mermaid.
     I started to turn again and came to a stop when I saw a boy in front of me. He had thick black hair and piercing crimson eyes. The sunlight transformed his hair into a field of orange lined with thick blue lines that faded to black near the ends of his hair. He smiled at me and I woke up...and saw the same boy again, although now he was not underwater and neither was I.
     I screeched from surprise and leapt about nine feet into the air, somehow jumping onto a really low tree branch. I could have simply changed back into my humanaria but being the smart person I am, I simply laid my ears back, flicked my tail, and clung to the tree branch for dear life.
     He was talking. "Come down here little kitty. I won't hurt you. I'm nice. Please please please come down," he said. It amused me. He thought I was a wild cat. I frowned. It was because I was the size of one. Cursed runt issues. It was times like this that I hated my life.
     I squabbled with myself as I climbed down the tree. When I reached the bottom he smiled, thinking I had come down for him. I changed into my humanaria before he could grab me and back against the tree.
     "Don't come any closer Symphony," I warned him. I was scared he would run to the other mermaids and chase me out now that he knew about me, and it showed in the slurring of my words and the slight shaking of my normally smooth voice.
     Raising his hands in surrender, he said, "I don't know who Symphony is, but I won't hurt you. I thought you were just a little wild cat."
     "You are Symphony," I told him. "You make wonderful music and you are a Symphysodon Discus fish. I did not know your name so that is what I called you."
     He looked puzzled. "You have been here long enough to have a name for me," he asked. I nodded. "Ok. Well, my name is Sebastian. You are right about what kind of fish I am, although I don't know how. Would you like to come down to the camp and meet everyone," he asked. I nodded again and he took my hand, leading me down the cliff and towards his camp.

-_________________________________________-

Hey my loyal sharks. Hope you liked it. So they finally meet, yay. I can't recall whether I already told you so the chapters for this book will probably stay around this long. Also if any of you like zombie stories you should go read Never Stop Fighting by ihopeitsfriday. Really good book in my opinion. This is a few hours early because I am impatient and just finished early morning band...wooooo so much fun. Sooooo cold. Anyways see you next week. 0)