12-Awesome Event in a Murderous Tent

I woke up and walked outside. Right into Sebastian. I noticed the food on the fire behind him. Probably coming to get me for breakfast.

I sat down and started eating. It was really good. A purr erupted from my throat as I ate. That happened sometimes.

"So are you excited," Sebastian asked. It looked like he was gonna explode from excitement.

"Excited for what? Breakfast? Cause I'm already eating that," I answered.

He looked really confused for a second before saying, "Don't you remember? The dance is today! And you said you would go with me! You're not...having second thoughts...are you," he trailed off, suddenly sounding unsure of himself.

I smacked myself in the forehead. The dance! I had totally forgotten! "Sebastian I'm sorry! I totally forgot about the dance! It slipped my mind with everything happening; you know, Ari and all that. Of course I'm not having second thoughts! I am still gonna go with you. I wouldn't even think of ditching you! When does it start," I asked.

"Oh. Okay. Well it is kinda just an all day thing. You just go over whenever you want. They play music all day and the merchants come up from the pools to serve food and allow the mermaids from the other pool to buy their stuff. It is a lot if fun," he said before pausing. He had his hand over his mouth in concentration. "I don't think I've told you why we have this dance. It is to celebrate the day that this place was made. There are a lot of stories about how it was made. Those will be told later, when it is dark. It will be fun, I promise," he told me. I nodded it sounded interesting.

I finished eating and went in my tent to start getting ready. I gently pushed Sebastian out when he followed me in to see what I was doing. He seemed to understand and went away.

I looked at the dress I had bought a few days ago. I held it up, admiring the loose fabric at the bottom and the leaping fish embroidered into the bottom. I set it back down and started to slip out of my pants when I realized I hadn't properly cleaned myself in a while. I grabbed a black robe I didn't remember buying and went to bathe. I did so quickly but thoroughly. I walked back to my tent wrapped in the black robe. I rubbed my hair with a towel to dry it. When I was sure I couldn't dry it anymore, I walked back into my tent.

I dropped the robe and put my underclothes on. I slipped into the dress and enjoyed the feeling of the loose fabric on my skin, so different from the tight pants and tops I usually wore. My hair had started to curl up after I cut it. I ran my hands through it gently and pulled some hair back on the sides of my head and pinned it at the back with the hair pin. I slipped my necklace over my head, the cat resting just above the top edge of the dress. I made sure that I had my cat eye ring on. I was about to leave my tent when I remembered the two rings. Should I ask him out today? I grabbed them after a moment of indecision and walked out of my tent.

Sebastian was already waiting for me. He had on long black pants and a tight silver shirt on. He covered his mouth with his hand when he saw me. I suddenly felt strange. Did he not like it? I almost wanted to rip the dress off and hide in my tent for the rest of the day. But then he started talking.

"Oh wow. You look...you look beautiful. No, you look gorgeous. Everything is just...perfect," he said. I blushed and smiled.
"Let's go," I whispered. He nodded and rook me by the hand and led me towards the council tent. It wasn't as painful to my eyes as it had been at first. Maybe I was getting used to it.

We started dancing and I completely lost track of time. We mostly swayed around to the peaceful music. I ended up basically hugging his chest. It was a bit hard to dance with him because he was so tall but I was okay with that.

Before I knew it, it was dark. He led me over to the council tent and pushed the flap aside for me. I walked in and sat down in an open spot. He sat next to me.

There were star bugs flying all over, their red light casting a gentle sheet of color over everything. They softened the harsh colors of the council tent and I looked around. There was a group of mermaids on large harps and lutes playing the calm music I had heard all day. I looked at Sebastian. He was completely peaceful. His face was like a pool of calm water.

I tugged on his shirt sleeve. When he turned to me, I started talking. "Sebastian? I...I really like you. I know that we haven't known each other long, but it feels like I have known you for a long time. I...I was planning on staying here for a long time. Maybe the rest of my life. Uhm...would you like...will you go out with me," I asked. I surprised myself with my words. They just came out. I closed my eyes and waited.

"Of course. I really like you too. I have never done any of the things I have done with you before. Not with anyone. You...you wouldn't have noticed but...before you came I never did much of anything. Just played music and swam. You...motivate me. I want to be with you for a long time. I will try my best to never hurt you," he said. My heart soared and I gave him a hug. I remembered the rings I had been holding since this morning. I opened my hand and held it out to him.

"I found these in one of the fairy chests. I kept them hidden in case...this ever happened. Like a promise ring," I said. He picked up the one with the cat and slipped it on his left forefinger. It fit perfectly. I smiled as I put the fish ring on my left forefinger. I leaned against him and waited for the stories to start.

-_________________________________________-

Hey guys! Hope you liked it! They are finally dating yay! The stories are gonna be awesome. At least, the one she listens to will be. Keep on swimmimg my beautiful land sharks! Love you all and many thanks for your support! See ya back here next week! 0)