T

OUR modern dance professor, goo yeojin, smiled at minyoung and me

OUR modern dance professor, goo yeojin, smiled at minyoung and me. she'd asked us to stay back after class for some reason.

"she's smiling but why am i nervous?" minyoung held my hand in hers which was slightly shaking. chuckling, i shook my head and turned back to the professor.

"what is it you wanted to speak to us about, professor?" i asked softly. she took a deep breath and handed each of us an envelope.

"you two have been offered a spot at the astaire dance academy in new york as well as chance to be in their dance company once you graduate."

"astaire?!" minyoung gasped next to me, releasing her hold on my hand. i was too shocked to even notice the absence of pressure. "really?" i breathed, eyes on the white envelope with the astaire logo in the middle.

"you are two of my best students and it's really no surprise you were scouted. remember the man and woman who sat in on a couple of our rehearsals?" professor yeojin grinned.

we both nodded our replies, still in a daze at the news. "well, they were scouts and you two caught their attention. i believe the details are in the envelopes. now, you can accept their offer or stay here with us. it's your choice."