A

THE next time i saw him was a few years later

THE next time i saw him was a few years later. it was on a poster going around the internet.

yoongi was now a star. he'd become a worldwide music sensation. i saw how girls and a few boys swooned over him on social media.

i stalked all his profiles on every social media platform but i never once attempted to contact him. it felt too weird to try.

especially since i never exactly got over him. not that i didn't try. believe me i did.

i went on several dates over the course of the years but none of them ever worked out. perhaps i unconsciously compared them to yoongi and they never matched up to the pedestal i'd set him on.

whenever a relationship failed, i shrugged it off, believing that if it was meant to be, it would've have worked or we'd meet at a better time in the future.

"dahee, we're going on in five! get ready!" minyoung's voice pulled my gaze up from the book i was writing in.

i smiled at her as she pranced into the room. "you're writing in that book of yours again." she smiled sweetly.

i nodded, smiling back. "well that book can wait, best friend. there's a whole crowd of people out there eager to see us perform." she reached for my hand and i let her take it.

minyoung and i were the main act of astaire's latest concert dance. it was amazing how far we'd come and together, no less.

i grinned wider and got on my feet. "yes, let's go."