N

WE took a bow, big smiles on our faces as the audience applauded

WE took a bow, big smiles on our faces as the audience applauded. it was the end of our final show and the turnout for the last night was truly astonishing.

once the curtains were shut, we all made our way backstage to the changing rooms. "see you in a couple." i smiled at minyoung.

"see you soon!" she chirped, looking at me weirdly, as though she knew something i didn't.

once i was inside, i peeled myself out of my costume and changed back into my tee shirt and jeans.

sitting in front of the mirror, i began to wipe the makeup off my face. i pulled my hair out of the tight bun it was in, staring at my reflection.

i was brushing my fingers through my hair when there was a knock at the door. "come in."

a man walked in with a bouquet of  white and soft pink roses. "delivery for miss dahee nam." he called out.

i took them from him with a confused smile. "thank you." staring at them as he left, i tried to find a card.

i found a small rectangle tucked into it. there was no name, just a picture of a butterfly and a single line.

you shine in this pitch darkness that is the butterfly effect.

my brows furrowed with even more confusion. now what was this about?

packing up my things, i hung my bag on my shoulder and made my way out of the room to see the others hanging around.

we chatted for a while, everyone excited about getting a little break before we had to get into rehearsals for a new show.

i glanced at my watch and sighed. it was getting late. "guys, i have to get going." i informed. there was a surprising unison of sighs and i grinned.

they were all going out to celebrate the last night but i was skipping out to go rest. i hugged minyoung. "have fun without me!" i waved, backing my way towards the door.

"bye, minyoung! don't forget our breakfast date tomorrow." i beamed as i waved at her. "i would never." she answered dramatically. chuckling, i pushed the front doors open, the bouquet in my hand.

i stopped in my steps as i turned my gaze back outside. i blinked repeatedly, wondering if this was another hallucination.

my heart was hammering against my chest, ears ringing. he stood there with his hands in his pockets, head slightly lowered underneath the streetlight that casted a golden glow over him. he seemed haloed and unreal.

seeing him in the flesh and so close to me made my mind whirl out of control.

i was sure i was going crazy. my grip on the beautiful bouquet of flowers unconsciously tightened as i continued to gawk at him.

min yoongi.