Chapter Eight

I waited patiently for Patrick to arrive, tapping my pen on the table. It bugged me that he had changed towards me for no reason, I don't recall doing anything to annoy him or hurt him.

"Before we get started, has everyone finished the homework?" Miss porter asked the class. Oh my god..for the first time in my life I hadn't completed the homework. I looked around to see the rest of the class place their homework books on the side of their desk.

I rummaged through my bag, since I was sat at the back I'd be able to quickly do it. I began to panic as each book I pulled out was not the one I was looking for. I didn't even have it with me.

"Morning Miss P" a familiar voice said from the front of the class room.

"Late again Patrick" His footsteps got closer to his seat next to me. I could feel the sweat dripping from my forehead, how could I forget to do my homework. I was the perfect student. I was that stressed I could've cried.

"Patrick homework?" Miss Porter said.

"Don't have it" he admitted rocking back on his chair.

"Lunchtime detention" she sighed and made her way over to me. Oh no.

"Reina homework?" She smiled brightly at me, I gulped and rubbed my now soaking hands on my jeans.

"I umm I" I began to say, I was so disappointed in myself. "I don't have it" I finally said looking down at my desk. Every other student turned to look at me with shocked faces. From the side of my Patrick let out a wild laugh.

"Reina, you always do your homework!" Miss Porter sighed. "Reina lunchtime detention"

Patrick didn't speak to me for the whole lesson, even though I had attempted many times to get his attention. He was clearly avoiding me, but why. Was it my presence, was I just un-liked by every boy, what was wrong with me.

Lunchtime came real quick but unfortunately I wasn't able to enjoy the freedom. I had told Bill why I wouldn't be hanging with them and he looked as shocked as everyone else. I quickly made my way back to my science class and walked in to find Patrick already there.

"Reina you're five minutes late" Miss Porter said in disbelief, I glanced at the clock and saw that I was indeed late. What was going on with me. I made my way over to the seat closer to the front, Patrick was on the opposite side of the room. Miss Porter then handed us both a booklet.

"Considering the two of you didn't complete the home work, you will do it now. You have an hour, I'll be back to check on you every fifteen minutes"

As she walked out, I grabbed a pen and began filling in the booklet. I could hear Patrick kicking the leg of his desk, I quickly looked over at him to find him resting his head on his hand, not bothering to do the work that had been set for us. I wanted to badly to speak to him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"What are you looking at?" He spat as he caught me staring. Jeez talk about be careful what you wish for.

"Nothing" I muttered and turned back to my booklet, I heard Patrick scoff at my response. 'Don't cry Reina' I told myself, I was hurt by how I was being treated by Patrick. 

"You got a pen slut ?" I clenched my fist in anger.

"Not for you, and I'm not a slut" I spat.

"Oh that's right you're still a virgin" Patrick howled with laughter.

"Why are you being like this?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly.

"Why are you being like this?" Patrick mocked. "Pathetic"

It was five minutes before detention ended, I had finished the booklet half an hour ago so used the time I had left  to take a little nap.  The sound of the classroom door slamming woke me and I saw Henry and his friends standing by the door.

"Patrick come on man!" Belch yelled. Patrick stood up and made his way over to the door, but not before forcefully knocking my shoulder.  I bit my bottom lip and proceeded to rub my shoulder, easing the pain. Patrick turned to me and gave me a sly grin before following his friends out the door.

~
Once I had gotten home, I slammed the front door shut behind me. I wasn't in the mood to be questioned by my mum so I ran straight up the stairs.

"Reina?" I heard her shout up the stairs in concern.

I shut my bedroom door, pulling my desk in front of it so that no one could get in. Falling onto my bed, I buried my head into my pillow and just cried.

Hey guys, do you think I should continue this story, I don't know, I have a feeling you guys aren't enjoying it😩 here's chapter Eight anyway xo