Chapter Ten

I woke up the next day feeling so good about myself, mainly because the weekend had rolled round again. So obviously there was no school. My mum had informed me that she was working away and wouldn't be home till late on sunday. I was currently sat on the sofa when the house phone rang, I skipped over and answered.

"Hey a-a-are you still u-u-up for going to the q-q-quarry today?" Bill asked.

"Sure, meet you at the pharmacy in 5?"

"S-s-see you there" I hung up the phone and raced upstairs to get ready.

-Patrick's P.O.V-

Me and the guys were sat at the local junkyard which is where we would normally hang out when we had nothing better to do.  I was sat on the bonnet of a rusty old car, Henry was  leaning against the car I was sat on, Vic and Belch sat on the ground. I began throwing stones at the car opposite to me, smashing the front screen, the sound of the glass breaking made me happy.

"Hey Henry did you hear?" Belch asked breaking the silence between us.

"Hear what Belch?" Henry sighed playing with his pocket knife.

"On Monday we're going to have a new kid" Belch told us.

"Oh yeah, I heard about that. Apparently he's a real porker!" Vic chimed in. I turned to Henry and saw his face light up.

"A new kid huh? Interesting" He then turned to look at me. "What do you think Patrick?"

"I think we have a new victim!" I smiled wickedly as the others snickered.

"We're still going after the Loser's though right?" Belch  questioned.

"Obviously, we can't leave them out" Henry laughed

"If that's the case, can we leave that Reina alone?" Vic asked, his voice seeming a little shaky. Our heads turned to look at him, Henry didn't look pleased with Vics request at all. I on the other hand didn't know how to react.

"why on earth would I do that?" Henry spat.

"I was joking!" Vic fired back, Henry then seemed to relax and gave Vic a high five, but I could see right through him, he wasn't joking but I decided to be nice and keep my mouth shut, considering I was beginning to think the same. 'No Patrick, No!' I said to myself, shaking the thought out of my head.

"Hey, some Annie girl from our school is having a party later, we gonna crash?" Belch asked. Henry's smile grew, tonight was going to be fun.

-Reina's P.O.V-

The five of us stood on the edge, looking down into the water below, the sight was so pretty. The boys all had on white boxer shorts that looked extremely similar, they obviously shop together.  I had on a red bikini, our clothes dumped beside our bikes. There was silence as we stood, each of us wondering why we decided to do this in the first place. I wasn't a big fan of heights so why I agreed I'll never know.

"So.." Stan mumbled, obviously hoping someone would offer to go first.

"This is high, really high, too high!" Eddie began to panic before taking a puff on his inhaler. I took it off of him and threw it next to our clothes before taking his hand in mine.

"Let's all jump together?" I suggested, which they all seemed to like. I watched as they all grabbed onto each other's hands. I shook my head and began to count down from three.

"3....2....1" And with that we all jumped off of the edge and into the water below, it was a wonderful feeling. The water wasn't warm but it wasn't freezing either, it was just the right temperature.