Chapter Nine

It had been a whole week since Patrick had started acting different towards me. During that week I had become really good friends with 'the losers club', the five of us had become somewhat inseparable. Gretta didn't really like that but I didn't really care. Patrick had started bullying me along with his friends and I still didn't understand why. 

"Reina, the show is tonight and you're in almost all of them, concentrate!" Mrs Tye yelled as I could barely hear her due to the music. I had been slacking a lot in school, Patricks actions mainly being the reason. I really like him. 

"Sorry" I apologised.  I walked over to the bench and took a sip of water. Annie Liss, a girl who was in my dance class, walked over to me.  

"Are you ok? something seems to be bugging you" She took a seat beside me. 

"I-I don't know what's wrong, I guess I'm just really nervous for the show?" I lie.  Annie giggled and nudged me slightly. 

"Reina you don't get nervous, you've been doing this since you were like four years old" 

"It's nothing" I told her with a friendly smile which she returned.

"If you need to talk about it, I'm all ears" She stood up and reached her hand out to me. "Come on we have a show to prepare for" I took it and let her lead me back to the rest of the class. 

~

Richie walked alongside the others out of the school  with me on his back, he had his arms wrapped tightly around the back of my thighs, making sure I wouldn't fall. The school day had finally finished, but I had to return in an hours time for final rehearsals for the show.  

"What's the point in you going home anyway?" Stan asked.

"I don't know, I think it's so we can get dinner and stuff before hand, also one of my costumes is at my house" I told him. 

"That's stupid!" Richied blurted out. 

We all fell silent as we walked past Belch's car, The Bowers Gang all stood outside the car watching us go past. Richie's grip on me tightened, just incase one of them tried to pull me off of him.  I could see Patrick out of the corner of my eye, he was glaring at Richie for some reason. I quickly turned my head to get a better look and he was showing some sort of emotion. Jealousy maybe? Who knows.

"Do they have nothing better to do seriously?" Eddie asked once we were at a distance were they couldn't hear us. 

"I guess not" Stan muttered. 

"I c-c-can't wait to see your -p-p-performance Reina!" Bill stuttered, he was so sweet. 

"You better outshine the rest, I didn't spend $2 to see you slack woman!"Richie spoke in a british accent, I lightly smacked him on the head and giggled.

"I'm glad you guys are coming" I told them, they each gave me a smile. 

"Don't you get nervous? I mean all of them eyes staring at you watching to see if you messed up?" Stan asked as he shuddered.

"At first I was but I've been doing it for so long I'm use to it" I replied.

"How long have you been dancing for?" Eddie asked.

"Since I moved here so four years old" 

"Wait, you w-w-weren't born in D-D-Derry?" Bill looked up at me.

"Nope"

"We learn something new everyday" Richie muttered.

~

I straightened out my 1st costume as our Headteacher introduced us and basically started the show. He had finally finished talking and we began walking onto the stage, I took my place in the middle and waited for the music to start. I swiftly scanned the audience and noticed Bill, Richie, Eddie and Stan sat in the front row, as well as her mother. Then the show began. 

It was an hour into the show and with every performance I had gave it my all. Making sure my timing was right and that I was in sync with the other dances. I was backstage changing into my ballet costume, it was time for my solo. I pulled on my tutu and made my way towards the stage.

"Good luck" Mrs Tye gave me a hug which I returned. I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage, the audience clapping as I did, then it went silent.

"GO ON REINA!" Richie screamed causing the whole room to roar with laughter, I covered my face in embarrassment it was also an attempt to hide my laughter as I had to remain professional. 

I stood up straight I couldn't seem to get rid of the giggles. One I had control, I looked backstage and gave them the signal I was ready to start.  The spotlight followed my every move,  every leap, spin or jump I did the spotlight was there. Dancing in pointe shoes were extremely hard but I managed to get through it. I raised my hands in the air and lifted my left leg up high and the room went dark. The audience exploded with cheers, a few whistles could be heard as well. As the normal light came on I gave a big smile, I couldn't help but feel good about what I had just performed.  I stopped looking at each member of the crowd , focusing on one particular person stood at the very back looking extremely impressed, the lanky figure, the raven shoulder length hair. Patrick.

~

"You did so well!" Eddie said pulling me into a hug once I had made my way outside. Once I was done hugging Eddie, Stan pulled me into one. 

"Amazing Reina" He said squeezing me. 

"Outstanding" Richie complemented

"That was b-b-beautiful R-R-Reina" Bill said and he then hugged me. 

"Thanks guys" 

"How did you get your legs so far apart?" Richie asked in disbelief

"Practice" I simply said 

 "Sweetie I am so proud of you!" My mum squealed as she engulfed me into a tight hug. I had never seen her look so proud. 

"Thank you mum" I smiled as she kissed me on the cheek. 

"Okay, everyone into the car. We're going out for pizza and then I'll drop you boys back home!" My mum offered. 

"Hang on I just need to get my things from my dressing room" I told them, my mum and the boys climbed into the car whilst I ran back into the building. I quickly picked up my bag and headed towards the door until something caught my eye. I looked at the mirror I was usually sat at and noticed someone had wrote on it in lipstick .

'My Little Dancer ;) ' 

I have decided I will continue with this story, I sat and thought about it and I know the direction it is going in . I know you guys want more Patrick/Reina and I am working up to that, there's a reason to why Patrick has been acting strange towards Reina and that will be revealed in the upcoming chapters so be patient with me.

Also, this story will include Pennywise at some point, but that will not be till nearer the end and I'm sorry if you guys were expecting Pennywise to appear sooner. But as you can probably tell, there are hints of his existence in this book, the hints have also took place in the earlier chapters. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter xo