Release

'These battle scars, don't look like they're fading.
Don't look like they're ever going away.
They ain't never gonna change.'

***

***

As much as she wanted to release her fears, her past and her scars. She couldn't, not even with magic. It would be haunting her forever, or so she thought. Finally deciding it wouldn't be getting any better if she stayed in the wizarding world. She longed to see her family back in Mystic Falls, so that's what she did. She went back to Mystic Falls.

And there she stood, in front of her old house. In order to protect her family she had cut off any kind of contact with them, she hadn't seen, spoken or written them in an entire year. She had dropped her last name and changed it to Granger, all to protect her family from the death eaters. But she had succeeded, no death eater had thought of going to Virigina.
She stepped forward, knocking carefully on the door.

A dark haired blue eyed guy opened it, smiling cockily at her. She didn't know him and frowned slightly.

'Who are you looking for girl?' he asked her leaning against the doorframe.

Hermione cleared her throat, 'I am looking for Elena and Jeremy Gilbert.'

His eyes narrowed and he pushed with his hand against the door frame, causing him to stand straight.

'And who are you?' he asked, suspiciously.
Hermione raised her eyebrow, 'I could ask you the same question.'

Damon was getting slightly annoyed and backfired harshly, 'Look, you're going to tell me immediately what your name is and how you know the Gilbert's or I'll rearrange your pretty face.'

Hermione gasped, not expecting torturing threats. Her eyes became glossy, reminding her of Bellatrix. But she blinked her tears quickly away.

'I am Hermione Gilbert, their sister,' she answered looking at her hands.
Damon's eyes widened and he called for Elena, who rushed towards him immediately. Freezing at the sight the of her sister, a tear running down her cheek.

'Mione?' she mumbled.

Hermione nodded, 'I missed you Lena.'

Elena's face hardened, 'Oh, now you missed me?'

'Elena I'- Hermione started, but she got cut off.

'No! We haven't seen you in a year! You ignored us, the entire time! We needed you! Our parents died and you weren't there!' Elena ranted furiously, her hands flying everywhere.