Chapter 3

EDITED FOR RADISH JUNE 22nd, 2020

Talia's POV

The Meeting

The tension in the air is thick. The entire day we had spent waiting for when the clock hit four. All the Alphas had already met to discuss the final terms, the Lunas had already finished making sure the event was set up, and the rest of us got ready.

Lillian is in my room getting ready. Her dress isn't actually a dress but a high waisted, long skirt and crop top. It's nude with bright flowers covering the entire skirt. It fits her like a glove. Her hair is pinned back in a cute braid which wraps around her head. She looks beautiful.

My dress is black and lace. Lillian told me I look like I'm going to my "sugar daddy's funeral" . I just laughed except it kinda felt like I was going to a funeral. I'd be watching a hundred people today fall in love while I stayed in the background observing. I'd stay alone.

Because my dress was strapless, I bought a choker necklace. It didn't completely cover the mark so I tried covering the rest with some concealer. It didn't work that well but it was better than nothing.

"I'm going to throw up." Lillian is pacing the floor, heels clicking with every move she makes.

"Please don't. We just finished your makeup." I giggle at her and she gives me the finger.

"Don't joke. I'm nervous." She tells me, "What time is it?"

"3:45."

"Oh goddess. I'm not ready." I watch Lillian as she starts to shake her hands to get rid of her nerves.

I grab her by her shoulders, "Listen, everything is okay. You are okay. I am okay. We are both fine. Today, you are going to strut into that room and make the entire room watch you. You will feel that pull and you'll find the most gorgeous man of your life. Your mate will love you."

"Really?" She asks, biting her lip.

"Of course." I say and hug her. "Now, take a deep breath and grab your purse because we've got to head downstairs."

Lillian breaths deeply and so do I. Although I don't want to admit it, I am a bit nervous. It's possibly the first night that I'll be without Lillian. She's always been with me for my entire life. I can't stand the thought of losing her. but I'm excited for her. I want this for her.

Us and the rest of our pack met in the lobby. All the girls are dressed in dresses except a few in pant suits. And the guys are all in suits except for Oliver. He's in full drag and goddess dammit he looks better in a dress than I do.

There is chatter among all of us. Most of it is out of nervousness and excitement of course. No one can keep their mouth shut. But when Alpha Elijah walks towards us, we all stop.

"Ladies, gentlemen, tonight may be the start of the rest of your lives. Make sure to remember to contain your wolf until each pack has been announced. Also, do not worry if you can't smell your mate. Some people have strong scents like mint or lemon while others can smell like flowers. Sometimes you have to search. Other than that, good luck."

When we climb onto the bus, I start to feel sweaty. My heart is racing and now I feel like I might be sick. The ride was maybe five minutes but felt like an hour. We all step off and find ourselves in front of a mansion. My jaw drops at the sight of the Modish pack house. They really love to be glamorous.

- -

There is a water fountain in the center of the brick walkway. It's surrounded by cement wolves. There aren't a lot of flowers but it smells good here- like cinnamon. It is refreshing, calming my nerves down.