Chapter 8

EDITED FOR RADISH ON JUNE 22nd, 2020

Talia's Pov.

My heat was finally over. I was thanking the goddess but cursing her out because it felt like hell.

Lillian and I spent the night with each other. She felt bad leaving me all alone. We spent last night talking about the Spark and the upcoming events. Each day in the Spark has a different event for mated and the unmated.

The first night was of course the meeting. The second was known as the "First Date" which was for mates to get to know each other one on one. Of course I didn't participate because, hello, I was in pain. And tonight was "Team Work" which was basically a night to you and your mate to compete in a competition. You'd never expect it, but it was like a summer camp here. There were a ton on competitions and games. The purpose was to figure out quickly how you and your mate work together in different aspects.

I was pretty excited. I wasn't a competitive person but I loved to compete. It would also give Ellison and I to see each other in different situations.

Lillian and I ate breakfast in bed. We woke up around ten which was too late for the buffet but you could order in still. I got scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. Lillian got the same things except she got an omelet.

"God, my stomach hurts." Lillian states.

"Mine too." I say. It was weird because I usually had no symptoms after my heat.

She smiles, "It's the mate pull. It wants us to be with our mates."

I think for a moment. I remember after I was first mated, I had extreme muscle aches. I was told it was because the goddess was trying to pull my mate and I together. It got so bad to the point I'd pass out. Eventually though, it got better and better until it never came back.

Until now.

I clear my thoughts. I'm trying to forgive Ellison for what he did but it's hard when I can't forget.

"What time are we meeting them?" I ask her, referring to Ellison and Cole.

"Noon, when the games start."

I nod my head. The clock on the bedside table read that we still had an hour. We put our empty plates on the tray for a maid to pick up while we were gone.

Last night, Cole had brought over some clothes for Lillian and I for today. I still hadn't gotten my suitcase. I'd have to talk to Ellison about going back to my hotel to get it.

I had to borrow some of Lillian's clothes. I wore her purple Nike tank with black leggings. She wore a white Nike tank with black leggings. Neither of us felt like putting on makeup. This was a competition not a fashion show.

It was five minutes until noon when we finally left. When we stepped outside the room, I had no clue where I was going but my wolf did. It led me straight outside and up a small trail. I spot Ellison right away. He stands with Cole but his focus is on me. Lillian runs past me and jumps into her mates arms, kissing passionately.

I slowly make my way towards Ellison who smiles wearily towards me. Now that I was supposed to be around him 24/7, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be near him. I know that I'd have to thank him for helping me. He didn't have to stick by me after all those years apart but he did. Even after this week I decided to leave him, he must know that I was grateful for what he had done.

"Hey." I slightly wave at him.

"Hey," He replies, awkwardness heavy in the air surrounding us.

"So," I look around at the other couples. All are cuddled into each other's arms, constantly having their hands on each other. Except us. "Have you heard about any other mates?"