Chapter 4

EDITED FOR RADISH JUNE 22nd, 2020

Ellison's Pov.

"Can you at least pretend to be in a good mood?"

My beta Cole is driving me insane. I mean, I love him like a brother but I'm gonna kill him if he doesn't stop talking. I'm trying to finish paperwork for tonight but all he does is fucking talk.

"No," I tell him, getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

Cole rolls his eyes, "If you had your mate then you'd be a much more enjoyable person. Maybe today you'll find her."

I look up from my papers and glare, "You know damn well that won't happen."

Cole sighs, shaking his head. He's the only one beside myself who knows who my mate is. He knows what I did to her. Everyday I feel the pain of leaving her but I had no choice. She was too young to go through the mating process. I tried to fight it, I did but something just took over my body and the next thing I know is that she's screaming and my mouth tastes like blood.

I remember when I first saw her. She had blond hair but it was dark outside so I can't be sure. And her scent was sweet but I can't remember what it was. Other than that, I know nothing. Not her name or her face. The only thing I do know is that she's from Graceful. I'm not sure if she had to move but usually werewolves don't switch packs.

"Alpha, we should go soon." Cole says, breaking me of my thoughts. I look at my watch and it's nearly ten minutes until four.

I stand up from my chair, "Take the group. I'll meet you there." As much as I love my pack, I didn't feel like being around a bunch of horny teenagers.

Cole nods and leaves my room. I walk over to the mirror and check to make sure I look okay. My suit is black with a white dress shirt. My tie matches my suit which I tighten before I decide this is as good as it's gonna get. I grab my rental car keys and walk out.

The drive isn't too far but it isn't close either. When I get there, it's 4:20. I'm late. I park inside Aaron's garage. I fast walk inside to through the back where the other Alpha's are waiting. I notice that I'm not the last one here and I thank the goddess.

"Sorry I'm late." I announce.

"You're fine." Aaron tells me. "We're just waiting for Roman." He says referring to the Alpha of Adoration.

"Surprising since he's as desperate to find a mate as most of us." Says the Alpha of Impulse, Zach.

We all chuckle at this because it's true. Out of the eleven packs here, only four Alpha's have mates. Roman arrives a few minutes late, complaining about traffic. We all nod in understanding since his pack had to stay at a hotel almost an hour away.

When we walk out and onto the stage, I feel as if I'm not moving my own feet. Something is pulling me. It's all too familiar but I know there is no way on earth that she'd actually be here. I just ignore it as we all line up.

One by one each Alpha introduces themselves and their pack. I stand still waiting yet, I have a hard time. I want to run towards the exit. My body feels tense and I'm starting to feel dizzy. I try to act professional as possible but I keep turning my head to see if I can find her. I hear my name being called and I walk onto the front of the stage.

"Good evening everyone." I announce and suddenly, I can smell something sweet. Honey. And in an instant, I feel better. My headache is gone. "I am Alpha Ellison of Valor. It's a pleasure to meet you."

I hear a cry of pain and my head shoots to the front. When my eyes met hers, I know who she is. She knows who I am too. She is Graceful yet, barely standing. Her hair is still blond contrasting with her pitch black dress. She's beautiful.