Chapter 5

EDITED FOR RADISH JUNE 22nd, 2020

Talia's Pov.

When I wake up, I am feeling better than I did earlier. I'm still hot as hell but not like a fire is burning me. Strong and gentle arms surround me, holding me close as possible. I take my arms and push him away, disgusted. He frowns and the fire comes back. At least it's not as painful.

"Talia, you're okay?!" Lilian rushes over to me, checking over my face.

"I think so." I state. "What's going on?"

"It's your heat." My supposed mate says. "The doctor said it was because we had been separated for so long that it became painful."

"It's painful because you left!" I yell. He tries to say something back but someone barges into the room.

"She's awake?"

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm the pack doctor here." He states. "Listen, your heat is very strong. Alpha Ellison told us of what happened between you two so I understand why. Your friend here made the decision to give you a shot that would calm your heat down enough so we could get you into an ice bath. Are you okay with that?"

The only thing I heard was shot and Ellison.

Ellison. That's my mates name. The wolf inside me purrs after learning this but I'm only disgusted. I now have a face and a name to the man who was supposed to love me but instead ran. It just made the whole situation worse. but I still feel that pull towards him when all I want to do is pull away.

"Yes." I tell him, referring to the shot.

"It also might be best if he's with you." The doctor says.

"Excuse me?" I was horrified.

"Your pain will come back eventually. If you're in ice with him, it won't be as bad." He states slowly.

I shake my head, "No, no! Absolutely not!"

Lillian sighs, "Talia..."

"Don't Talia me!" I yell. "He's not going anywhere near me!"

"If you don't let him help you, you're going to feel sick again." She tells me.

"I don't care!" I scream and turn to look at Ellison. "You left me! I'm going through this because of you! I hate you so much, if I had the choice to never see you again I would take it. I've had to go through heat before. I can take it."

Ellison sits there, saying nothing. He lets me take my anger out on him, knowing he deserves it. I'm glad. Yet, the more I look at him, the more my body calls for his touch.

"Talia, listen." Lillian says, "You have to let him help you."

"But-" I want to fight it but I can't anymore. The mate bond is pulling me closer to him and the longer I fight it, the faster the pain will return.

I agree to the ice bath but only if we both have bathing suits on and if Lillian stays in the room with us. Ellison still hasn't said anything to me but nods his head once I tell him.

Alpha Aaron brings me a swimsuit, saying it's from one of his younger sisters. It's a two piece and I curse him out on it. He's shocked that I'd yell at him, being an alpha and all. but he remains calm, reminding me the more skin on skin contact with Ellison, the less pain I would be in.

Lillian is in the room with me when I change. All the guys had left to find ice. One by one, they come back in with buckets of ice.

"Talia," Lillian says, her voice filled with anxiety.