Chapter 7

EDITED FOR RADISH ON JUNE 22nd, 2020

Talia's Pov.

When I wake up in the morning, it feels like I have a hangover. My head is pounding against my skull and my entire body aches. Ellison still has his arms wrapped around me, fast asleep. His eyes flutter a bit when I slowly move away from him and to my own side of the bed.

I take a deep breath before sitting up. I walk into the bathroom to pee before I decide to rinse my mouth out with mouthwash. I don't feel hot, just a bit warm. My body just feels exhausted now.

Walking back to the bed, I stop to stare at the figure lying down. For years I have wondered where he has been and now I have him with me. I can interrogate him until I know every reason why he never came back for me or never stayed. Whether he knew where I was or if he knew I was coming here.

Yesterday, could have either been the best day or the worst mistake of my life. I can see that he cares for me but I can't trust him. My pain masked over the bad thoughts of him and focused on the good. At the moment it was him being my one source of relief. but with it under control, I feel scared. My own wolf feels the same. She's betrayed by the one who is supposed to make her feel safe, not in harm's way.

In the short time we've spent together, all I can tell is that his emotions are controlled by what his wolf feels. It can be dangerous to be mates to someone like that- I mean, he's already marked me without consent.

I grab a pen and paper off the dresser before writing him a note that I was going downstairs for breakfast. Although the main event for the Spark had ended and everyone had left, this was still the pack house. Breakfast would be served for the Modish pack in the morning. I leave the note on the bed next to him before leaving.

I receive many nasty looks as I walk down to where I smell the food. Everyone here dresses like it's a red carpet event everyday and here I was walking in my pajamas. I could care less what they think of those prestigious ássholes.

A big buffet is lined up through the dining hall. I grab myself a plate and pile up my plate with whatever looks good. I find myself a seat in the back corner and take my place. Before I can even take the first bite, I hear Ellison yelling.

"Talia!" He rushes through the room and looks all over the room. All eyes fall on him until he spots me. Everyone stares at me and I cower down.

I watch him march over. When he comes into view, I notice he's eyes are black with rage. At least it wasn't his wolf.

"Why did you leave?" He demands.

"I was hungry?" It comes out as more a question than an answer.

His fists ball up, trying to remain calm, "So, why didn't you wake me up?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

He huffs, "You don't know?"

I don't respond. Ellison rolls his eyes before pulling me up harshly by my arm. I yelp but he drags me out of the room. I pull back, trying to free myself but he only tightens his grip.

He continues to drag me until we are back in the guest room. He pushes me inside, closing the door behind him.

"What the hell?!" I push his chest and he grabs my arms, putting them above my head as he pushes me against the door.

He doesn't respond- not right away. Instead, his head lowers and for a minute, I think he's going to kiss me. Ellison buries his head into my neck, inhaling, "You smell so fúcking good."

I freeze. He smelled my heat. The doctor explained that I might not have a scent this time around because the pain overwhelmed all other senses. But now, it was here and by the look in Ellison's eyes, it was strong.