Chapter 6

Talia's POV

"Um, how are you feeling?" He tries opening up a conversation.

I let out a deep breath, "Pretty dizzy."

"Oh," His smile turns to a frown. "Why don't you sleep again?"

"Are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

I felt a bit uncomfortable with letting myself sleep with him again. I knew however, that I could sleep most of my heat off. So, I closed my eyes and let myself fall into a deep sleep.

So, I closed my eyes and let myself fall into a deep sleep

Ellisons Pov.

Talia. Her name is Talia.

I keep staring at her in her sleep. Her lips pout a bit as she fights off her heat. I knew she wouldn't forgive me yet but I was surprised when she agreed to try to be my mate. I had to win her over. I would show her how much I cared about her even when she was gone. How much I thought about her after I left.

It had been maybe an hour that she was asleep, I had no clue. I wasn't wearing my watch. I refused to move however, I was starting to get hungry. The ice was about halfway melted but Talia kept me warm. It amazed me how much her heat was giving off. I was just glad I could help enough that she could sleep through it.

The pack doctor came in and asked how she was doing. I told him well but that I was still worried. He explained he couldn't give her another shot for twelve hours. He also said that as long as I was with her, we could leave the tub.

As nervous as I am to take her out, I know I had to eat. I got out and carried her to the bed, dripping water as I moved. She didn't stir too much but just kept holding onto me.

"Cole?" I mind linked.

"Yes?"

"I need you and your mate to come and bring us food. I'm starving and once she wakes up, she will be too."

"She fell asleep?"

"Thankfully, yes."

"Lillian is asking how she was."

Lillian must be his mate. "She was fine. She wasn't in too much pain."

"Okay. We'll be there soon."

Not ten minutes later, they walk inside. I sit up a bit, bringing Talia with me. She lays on my chest as Cole hands me a drink.

"It's coffee. Her heat is gonna keep her up all night so I figured you want to be prepared." He tells me and I thank him. He hands me a plate of food- steak and potatoes.

"Usually during her heat, I give her frozen foods or cold fruit. She likes orange popsicles the best." Lillian says as she sets down a bowl of fruit and a Popsicle. "I'd wake her up soon or else she'll wake up in too much pain. If she gets food inside her system, it will help."

"Thank you." I tell her and she nods.

I decide it's best for me to eat first and then wake her up. She might need help eating so I didn't want to spill something on the bed while trying to balance my food and hers. I eat as fast as I can before softly shaking her.

"Time to wake up." I softly sing.

She groans and lifts her head up. Her eyebrows furrow on why I'd wake her up. I show her the Popsicle and her eyes light up, grabbing it from me. She unwraps it before throwing the wrapper at me and putting it in her mouth.