Chapter 5

"What's going on here? Why is this happening?" Drakon asked and i just stared at the demon.

"This is the magic of darkness. It's a powerful spell that turns people into demons using Black Rukh." Valefor explained and i looked at him. Drakon took his pistol out and aimed it but Sinbad got between them.

"Move aside!" Drakon demanded to Sinbad.

"I will not betray any of my comrades." Sinbad told Drakon. I had a stern look on my face.

"You're a fool! Just listen to yourself! If we allow the demon to become whole then-"

"That's enough." Sinbad gestured to the demon. "They gave their word to join me to change the world."

"But this monster isn't even human anymore!" I stood next to Hina now and i had my hand on my sword just in case.

"No! Monster or human, it doesn't matter! They're comrades!" The demon's eyes glowed a menacing red and wings came out of it's back.

"Sin, look out!" I shouted but just as he looked, the demon's eyes glowed red and arms sprouted from his back. The demon swung an arm at us. Everyone managed to dodge his arm. I looked up at the demon. The demon had his arms positioned evenly on both sides of itself now. Two parts of pillars crashed onto the ground and i looked towards Hina and Drakon for a second.

"What is this?"

"I've never seen anything this vicious." Drakon spoke and i didn't realize that the demon was about ready to punch me.

"Kira! Look out!" I heard Sinbad and by the time i noticed the demon's fist, Sinbad pushed me out of the way and let himself get hit. My eyes widened.

"Sin!" Sinbad crashed into the wall hard enough to make a human sized dent in it and if not a bit bigger. The demon started stomping towards Sinbad and I growled in anger. Drakon ran up just ahead of me and was about to shoot the demon but his pistol didn't work.

"This'll never work." Drakon looked at Sinbad. "Sinbad! Use the Djinn's power! We don't have any other choice! You have to use it! If we don't destroy that monster, we'll die!" Drakon said and i got worried if at Sinbad's condition, it would possibly injure him more.

"Wrong. There is another way to succeed." Everyone except the demon looked at Valefor.

"Say what?" Drakon asked Valefor and i stared at the demon for a possibility. Before i knew it, i think i realized where he was getting at.

"You're friends are inside it. It sustains itself by keeping the humans alive at t's core and it sucks the energy out of them." Sinbad managed to stand up. "The core is most likely at it's chest."

"So, we get rid of the core, we get rid of the demon leaving the other three sources unharmed, right?" I asked Valefor and he nodded.

"Precisely. If you destroy it with one shot, you'll be able to save all of them." The demon roared loudly and i cringed slightly. We all just stared at the demon. It started to punch Hina but Hina raised up his spear in time to block the demon's fist. He seemed to struggle and Drakon started running up the demon before jumping up and tried to slice it but the demon's arm punched him away.

I unsheathed my sword and charged at the demon at the same time Sinbad did and went around behind the demon where i was in his blind spot. Sinbad cut off the demon's arm and i jumped onto his back stabbing my sword into it. The demon groaned in pain and used his other arm to hold where his other one was.

'Dammit!' I heard a dark voice shout and i froze completely.

'What the hell? Who was that? Not Sin or Hina. Not Drakon either...so who was it?' I thought confused and i couldn't pin point what it was exactly. The demon turned to face Sinbad.