Chapter 5: The Bond

"And he created for you mates from among yourselves, so that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and he has put love and mercy between your (hearts)."
[30:31]

______________________________________

Ammar's p.o.v:

After the burial, Uncle Yahya excused himself since he had to make preparations for the nikah, which was about two hours from now.

I do understand Rumi's situation. But I wonder how and why did Suhaib agree to it this easily. A day before, he was lost in love with the-girl-with-a-Rubic's-cube and now he's about to wed my sister in about two hours.

Ya Allah! You are indeed the best of Planners. And your plans are way better than our dreams. The Lord who decides the fate of the tiniest creatures to the gigantic beasts, I am sure that today we're in this difficult situation because you have some definitely bigger and better plans for all the three of us! Grant us the strength to face this situation with Sabr!! Ameen Ya Rab al Alameen!

I sit in the hospital garden along with Suhaib who is lost in his own world of thoughts. I clear my throat and decide to start a conversation with him.

'Are you sure of your decision buddy? You still have a choice here. If you're thinking that you dont have an option here, you're wrong. You can clearly deny to this wedding if you aint ready for it. We'll look for some other solutions. I dont want you to get into trouble because of me.' I say this for the thirteenth time from the past four hours.

'Chillax Ammy baby, I am fine. And I am sure about my decision. I know its hard to get over it. It aint easy to let go  off the dreams and the memories. Well let me tell you something. Memories are like strawberries. Some are sweet, while some are sour. But that's something we like about strawberries, dont we? We savour even the sour ones. This is it. Just this way, I will savour everything that comes in my life. Be it happiness or be it sorrows. I'll have to accept life the way it is. Yes, my heart broke, my dreams shattered. But I know that this, is not the end." Suhaib weakly smiled as he said this.

I somehow felt relieved at his words. Suhaib will definitely try his best to keep Rumaisa happy. My sister is at safe hands now. I pat his back and make my way into the hospital to check out for the wedding preparations. Not exactly the preparations, it would be a small nikah. With me, Zuhaib, Uncle Yahya, Aunt Maryam, Jabir uncle, Rumi and Suhaib as the only participants of the wedding. The Nikah will be read in the Masjid, after which we will joining Rumi, Aunt Maryam and mamma in the hospital. The thought of my mother's happiness when she'll witness her daughter getting married bought a smile onto my face.

I met Uncle Yahya, who was on the phone with the Qazi. I mumbled my Salaam and greeted him with a smile. We then set out to check onto other Nikah related stuffs.

______________________________________

Rumaisa's p.o.v:

I sat on a chair beside my mother's bed. I wore a plain white dress with a thin blue border at its end. Ammar had asked my consent for the Nikah a while before. I mumbled 'I agree' and signed the papers. My hands were trembling, I somehow managed to have a grip on the pen till I was done signing wherever he asked me to. He smiled at me and left the room. Never did I had the slightest idea that my wedding would take place in a hospital.

I noticed my mum getting all teary eyed. I moved my palms gently on her forehead. She smiled at me. And Wallahi! I saw a shade of silver in her light brown eyes indicating the joy and happiness she felt that moment. I kissed her hands. I could do anything for that smile. I raised my hands for prayers and silently prayed to the Lord of the creations.