Chapter 12: The Present

The body is just a vehicle
transporting the soul,
Its what's inside the people,
is beauty to behold.

______________________________________

Year 2017:

Oman:

She pulled out her trolley-bag and made it stand near the main-door of the house. With a hurried pace, she entered her room to collect the rest of her luggage. And within minutes, she was out with her hand-purse hanging from her shoulders and laptop bag clutched between the fingers of her other hand, Two of her other small baggages were already resting on the Black Ford, waiting on the street for HER-HIGHNESS to come.

The tiny wheels of the trolley-bag made a low rumbling sound when she dragged it out of the apartment. She crossed the street and walked near the grocery store where a Black Ford was standing. The moment she knocked the black highlighted window pane, a warm-smiling D.r Tarannum greeted her.

"As Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraka'h! All set, young Lady?"

"Wa alaikum As Salam, Wa Raatullahi, Wa Baraka'h! Yeh...Can you help me shift this bag to the back seat?" She asked.

Tarannum slightly raised her head to see the bag her friend was struggling with. As she caught a glimpse of the large bag, she looked at Manha disbelievingly, her eyes wide, resembling the tiny marbles she played with, as a child.

"Ya Allah!! What's with all of these luggage? Don't tell me you have plans of trading at the Air-port?? Nah..That's too typical... Perhaps, Are you taking a quarter of Oman as a piece of memory?" She sarcastically asked.

"Well, we Indians have made it a ritual of getting some gifts to the entire family as a memorial on our coming-home-ceremony!"

"The same goes in our Pakistan as well." D.r. Tarannum winked.

They drove off to the airport speaking of everything from the hike in petrol prices, the trending backpacks, the upcoming IPL and what not!!

After a twenty minutes drive, they reached the Muscat International Airport, which was crowded with people getting in and out of the enter and exit gate. People stood with various small boards on which were written the names of those they had come to receive.

Tarannum parked her car in the parking lot and helped her dismount the luggage. They shifted the bags on a trolley-cart and moved towards the entry-gate.

"I'll miss you ginger-bread! Take care of yourself and call me as soon as you land." Tarannum was almost teary-eyed, yet she managed a weak smile.