Chapter 15: A day off.

Facing the mirror of her bedroom, Rumaisa was stunned looking at her own reflection, she felt like she was being dressed for her wedding. She looked simply amazing in her Black gown studded with red and silver stones. She put some light make-up on her face, some kohl in her eyes and decorated her hands with henna.

Earlier that morning, Suhaib took her out of the hospital for breakfast, it seemed like it had been ages since she had her favourite breakfast. The table was decorated with pineapple mousse, italian pasta, ginger-cooler, chocochips and nuggets. The aroma could be felt from a distance. Rumaisa almost felt her tummy growling. The food was served on a round white table covered with white satin cloth, over which the dishes were kept in black cuttlery. Two white chairs were placed at the table, Suhaib pulled back one of the chairs, made Rumaisa sit on it, and he himself sat on the opposite chair.

After uttering a quick 'Bismillah' and a short supplication, they began eating with the silver fork that was placed aside the plates. They looked at each other as if they were newly-weds. Suhaib fed her spoonful of pasta after which they continued the rest of the breakfast in silence.

They then drove off to the beach and spent some quality time holding hands, and walking at the shore. Rumaisa held her grey sandals in the other hand and took pleasure enjoying the wind and the sun, both at the same time.Since it was around 12:00 noon, The beach was not crowded. So they roamed freely at the sea shore collecting shells of various shapes and sizes. But the proud sun didn't let them stay there for a longer time. The heat at the beach was unbearable, Hence they decided that it was best to move out of the place.

They drove for another hour until they reached a road where a food caravan stood by the edge, selling varieties of dishes. The captivating aroma made the couple run towards the caravan without a second thought. They filled their tummies with everything that was placed on the display table.

They returned back to the hospital and offered their prayers. After having a word with the doctor, he dropped Rumi to their home and asked her to get ready by 8:00 p.m.

Rumaisa was relieved on visiting home after a long time, she kept pacing up and down the house the entire evening to check if something had changed. But to her delight, everything still remained the same.
She brushed her daughter's hair and plaited it. She made some coffee and helped Rasha clean her cupboard.

Around seven in the evening, Rasha handed a neatly packed box to Rumaisa.

Rumaisa opened the box and took out a beautiful black gown studded with red silver stones on it. There was a pair of black sandals and a red beaded necklace as well. The mother and daughter shared a quick curious smile, after which Rumaisa went in to dress up herself. She put some kohl in her eyes and brushed some light make-up on her face.

'May Allah protect you from the evil eye Mommy! Ma Sha Allah, you look stunning! Just like a newly wedded bride.' Rasha squealed looking at Rumaisa with an awed expression.

'Don't be silly darling! Now its my turn to see you as a newly wedded bride clinging to your husband! Oh, only Allah knows how much I am waiting for your Nikah! Ask me what I haven't planned about it? Everything from our clothes, jeweleries, venue to the menu of the lunch is set up in my brains! May Allah help us raise you as a modest, respectable, honest and a humble woman! May he grant you a man who will help you strengthen your Imaan, My child!' Rumaisa cheerfully told her daughter.

'I am just thirteen Mumma!' Like other teenage girls, Rasha was annoyed with words related to marriage!

'Say Ameen Rasha! And I didn't say that I'll be getting you married tommorow morning. Everything happens at the right time and we ain't in any hurry to send you off this soon.'  Rumaisa pinched her daughter's ears and smiled.