Chapter 6: Life goes on!

And we created you in pairs.

[78:7]

______________________________________
Ammar:

Ammar stood in the balcony of his room recalling the events that took place that week. After the burial of his mother, he returned to his home. He found his sister all shattered, silently weeping in her room. His aunts and Uncles stayed for about two days after the burial, and then left back to their places since they had their respective works. Uncle Yahya pestured on staying behind with Ammar and Rumaisa, but Ammar politely denied reasoning that he needed to stay with her sister for some time alone, to which M.r. Yahya reluctantly agreed.

He was finally home after a long time. But home didnt feel home now, What is a home without Mom? They say, 'Home is where the heart is!' And right now, his heart and mind was lost somewhere in the darkness of the graveyard covered with date-palms, where his parents lay buried. He found an emptiness in his heart, his heart ached of the loss of his beloved parents. He missed them terribly.

But now, he knew he had to be responsible. He had to look after himself and his sister. His sister was tied with his cousin by the knot of Nikah, but the ruksati wasn't done yet, and he knew it wouldn't be done until Suhaib completes his graduation and take a stand by himself. Many of his relatives and friends offered to help him financially saying he could repay them later. But Ammar was a person who never made comprises when it came to his dignity. Yes. He had it all fixed in his brains. He was going to earn on his own, complete his graduation, make Rumaisa complete her graduation and look after himself and his sister.

He closed his eyes and recalled the last time he dined with his family...his mum, dad, Rumi! How splendid were those days?! He wished if he could relive those moments, if he could at least bid a proper farewell to his parents! He prayed for their Maghfirah and drifted to sleep.

_____________________________________

Suhaib:

Its been two days since Aunt Maryam passed away, Ammar and Rumaisa hardly spoke to anyone. Most of the time they would stay in their respective bedrooms either reciting The Quran or simply shedding silent tears in the memory of their beloved parents. I wish if I could do something to make them feel better. But sometimes its best to leave people on their own.

My Nikah didnt go the way I always wanted it to, but I am sure Allah have got better plans for me, for us...Me and Rumaisa! I wonder what kind of a husband I am, who couldn't even lend his wife a shoulder to cry on. I really wanted to stay by her side, to fulfill my responsibilities as a husband, but I cant stay back any longer due to the error in the paperwork of my university documents. I have to go back and refill all the requirements there. And Ammar also wanted some time alone with his sister.

My flight was at 8:00 p.m that night. I decided to fly off to Chicago right from Dammam. I needed to leave for the airport by 6:30 p.m. I looked at the wallclock hung at the wall in the living room. I decided to talk to Rumaisa before leaving and made my way towards her room. As I move closer, I felt my heart beat a little faster, my inner voice a bit nervous. I knock the door and find her open the door for me. My gaze meet with hers. Our eyes stay glued. I dont feel the need to lower my gaze since she is my halaal now. She lets me in and I make myself comfortable at the chair infront of her dresser. I search for the right words to begin the conversation. But then I realize my silliness and stand from the chair I was sitting on. I drag the chair towards her and make her sit on it...The women who I now call as My wife!!

Alhumdulillah!

______________________________________

Rumaisa: