Chapter 10: A new character.

The Present:

Year 2017:

The sky had changed its colour, moments ago where the sun was shining brightly, now stood the moon, smiling at the busy roads, the bare deserts, the moist grasses, the colourful birds and the tired humans.

It was probably 8:00 p.m. Rasha sat at the stool beside her mother with one of her legs interlocking the other. Her neatly braided hair was now amessed.
Her eyes seemed tired yet curious. She continued listening to her mother, who was narrating her life-history to her daughter. Her mother's eyes sparkled every time she spoke of her husband. The women was so buried in her love story that she didn't realise when the night replaced the day.

Rumaisa and Rasha swiftly turned towards the door when they heard a knock. Rasha gathered her hijaab and pinned in a jiffy.

'Yes?' Rumaisa asked.

The door was then fully opened revealing a tired yet smiling Suhaib. His light grey eyes twinkled when he saw his wife and daughter in a good mood.
He loved spending time with his family and always tried everything he could do to ensure that they are happy. Everytime he looked at his daughter Rasha, his eyes and heart sparkled in appreciation for his wife. Indeed Rumaisa had brought up Rasha very well. Though Rasha was not as graceful as Rumaisa, she had manners which could attract anyone and everyone. Her kindness was indeed a lesson for many.

Suhaib entered the room and closed the door behind him. He brought some Babycorn chillie for Rasha, which he placed on the sideway table and sat at the edge of Rumaisa's bed.

'So...What were My two ladies talking about?' He asked, placing a kiss on Rumaisa's forehead.

************************************

Year 2017:

Oman:

The busy roads were full of noise. At the sideways, were large buildings of various size, designs and colours. Each building had a metallic nameplate firmly attached at the centre and the entire structures were brightened by lights. If viewed from a little higher position, the city would resemble a dark sky with overpopulated and extremely huge colourful stars. The honks of the traffic was so loud that one could barely hear what the person standing next to you is saying.

To the left of the turning point of this particular road which is called 'The Darman highway' stood an enormous, large black gate which had the words, 'Glow Town +' stuck on it with letters made of iron.

Glow Town was one of the largest hospital of the city. The Hospital had 4 buildings each with 9 floors and employed more than 200 Doctors each with either a Master Degree or a Ph.D.

The Hospital was 24*7 available on service and was open to everyone irrespective of their class, status, income, nationality and religion. The hospital provided funds for the poor and discount for those who were unable to pay up the large fee.

She stood at the terrace of the hospital with her hands resting on the cemented railings, and her head slightly raised towards the sky. She closed her black eyes and allowed the icy cold naturally flavoured breeze to kiss her face and her medium sized lashes. Her long waist-length hair that was tightly bunned at the lower part of her head was covered in Deep Pink Hijaab.

As she closed her eyes, memories of her horrible past kept flashing in her mind. Her breaths became deep and uneasy, tear drops started cascading down her face. She felt somebody's hand on her not-so-broad shoulders and opened her eyes in fright. She let out a sigh when she saw a familiar face. It was Dr. Tarannum.