09 ~ we're far from cliché

Going with Theo and his friends, mine now as well, to Europe may be or may be not a good idea. I was thinking about everything that could go wrong and it made me doubt my decisions. But Theo would always remind me of all the things that could go right, he reminded me of all the good things; meeting new people, eat nice food, live in freedom and peace, but most of all; have a future. To have a future ahead of myself eased the pain of my parents and sisters death, it eased the loss. It also made me look up to what was actually going to happen, the good things of course, what was going to happen to me, to all of us. I just had to survive a couple more days, two weeks to be exact and then we would be out of this mess, this war.

Theo had it all planned out, he got to know this guy who works in a ship that goes to England. He works in one of the free parts in America. We would have to walk seven days to get there, to get at this ship, but this guy, his name’s Tim, would get us on the ship and would get us to England, if it all goes the way it’s planned.

There were a few dangers to this plan though. First, we were going to have to past the guards, probable the most dangerous problem, it wasn’t going to be easy. They were very violent and they didn’t let anyone out of this area, this war area. Second, we couldn’t just walk seven days straight, we needed to rest and eat, food was something we were going to steal. Well, we weren’t; Theo and Ansel were going to do that part, they had done it countless of times, according to them, but this was all new to me. And third, there could be some dangers on the sea too, we had to cross the ‘Atlantic ocean’, Tim told Theo that before, I had never heard of that sea before. And I also didn’t know about those dangers, pirates apparently, I had read about them of course, my father would tell me stories about them before bed time, but those were innocent. It wasn’t real, but it is now. It’s so real that is scared me.

“what are you thinking about?” I hadn’t realised I was staring into nothing, until Theo ripped me out of those thoughts. I was thinking everything over and over again, I did that so many times. But I could tell Theo did too, he seemed to zone out every once in a while, so did Shailene and Ansel. But I didn’t mind, they didn’t either, it was all so much to deal with and I was happy I didn’t have to deal with it alone.

“just about everything, thinking everything through” I admitted, he already knew that, it just showed that he cared again and again by asking it. He never stopped caring. “what are you thinking about?”

“the same, not doubting, just worrying if something goes wrong, I can’t imagine losing you or the others” I could see the pain in his eyes, but his hard shield kept it away. He never really showed how he felt, although I could see it, I studied his features a lot, I could see when something was bothering him. His iron shield was nothing for me, I could tell it all. “I think we should do something fun, just you and me. I know a place not far away from here, nobody ever comes there, we can just be ourselves without being watched” this time, his eyes showed happiness, they were playful.

“oh no, what are you thinking about?” I knew he had something planned out and I sure as hell wasn’t a fancy dinner and a nice talk, he was going to prank me or something, I could feel it in the air.

“nothing much, just something beautiful to see, so we can forget about all of this for a second” He stood up and began to walk away, knowing that I had no time to tell him no and that I would walk with him eventually.

“okay, wait, I’m coming with you” I stood up, threw the blanket of off myself and hurried after Theo, who was already far ahead of me, walking fast. “what’s with the hurry? It isn’t going to be dark in at least four hours”

“just training you already, for the big deal” He said smirking, turning around to me and taking my hand in his, which was slightly cold. It was a warm day, which was odd because it was already Fall. But I didn’t complain, I loved warm days when I was outside and I loved cold, rainy days when I was inside.