12 ~ Moody, exhausted and irritated.

“So, we need to go left and then we’ll get to a hotel?” Shai said and looked at the map.

“well, it’s an abandoned hotel” Ansel said and already started walking into that direction, so did the others.

“what, you mean, like there are ghosts there?” I said, “because I honestly believe in ghosts and we’re all gonna die” that was my statement and I know I was right.

“there won’t be any ghosts, because they don’t exist.” Ansel said and started walking again.

“come on, its late already, we need to be there before midnight” Theo said and took my hand, pulling me forward.

We were walking for three days, only stopping for sleep. We drank and ate on our way. We slept under the stars and walked under the burning sun. it seemed almost perfect, we hadn’t had any trouble on our way, no one seemed to notice. We weren’t really on the radar, they never noticed us. I just hoped this trip to the boat would go flawless.

We arrived at that abandoned hotel and it looked even scarier than it looked like in my head. It wasn’t much, but it was really tall. The hotel was surrounded by trees and bushes.

“come one, guys” we all realized we were just staring at the building, not really wanting to go in and spending the night there. All of us walked into the building and it was even worse inside, it smelled like dust and old things and it looked like no one had ever lived here. Or stayed there.

“pick out your rooms, although I think one room for you guys” Ansel said to Theo and me and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes. Couldn’t they just back off?

“shut up” Theo said and hit the back of Ansel’s head playfully. Sometimes I wish I was more like them, they could still have a good time even though we were in the middle of nowhere and if someone caught us, we were dead.

I walked more into the hotel, leaving the others, who were still joking around and finding out more about this creepy house myself. I was debating with myself wether not to go upstairs or to just go. I decided the last one, I wanted to be alone for a while. The others were annoying me and I just needed to be by myself for a moment, to think.

I walked up the creepy stairs, creaking with every step I took and I kind of scared me. a lot. I was stupid for doing this, but I was also curious to find out what was upstairs. When I finally came upstairs, I stopped a few times, it didn’t seem anything less different than downstairs.

I opened the first door I saw and peeked inside. A bed was placed under a window and a simple closet was settled on the opposite side of the bed. When I walked more into the room I saw another door, probably the bathroom. I opened the closet and jumped away quickly, the door of the room fell closed, probably the wind. I opened the closet door again and found some old clothes inside. I found that weird, if I would’ve stayed here, I would’ve taken my clothes with me. I found dresses, three grey dresses.

“Amber?” Theo’s voice sounded loud in the quiet hotel. His footsteps leading him upstairs and probably to the room I was in. I decided to not play hide and seek with him and opened the door. “what are you doing here all by yourself?” Theo asked as soon as he saw me.

“I don’t know, needed some time for myself I think” I said, I wanted to tell him that I found it annoying that Ansel and Shailene were on our heels all the time we showed our love for each other, but I decided against it. He would probably think I was complaining about something stupid.

“do you want me to leave you alone? or are you coming downstairs? We’re going to talk about what’s going to happen tomorrow.” Tomorrow, tomorrow we were going to have to pass the first gates. They were the most protected, we were all anxious to pass those. The risk to get caught was really high.

“no, I’ll come, just give me a second” I said to Theo and he already walked downstairs. I stayed behind for a bit and took one last glance into the room and at the clothes, but when I looked at them, they were gone.

This can’t be happening, I’m going crazy.

I decided not to think about it and to concentrate on tomorrow and on getting a good night sleep. I closed the door behind me and walked downstairs, to the loud voices, talking to each other in all seriousness.  

“so what we are supposed to do, there is a hole in the fence, at least that’s what people say. If there isn’t, we are going to tag along with someone, but that someone doesn’t know that yet” Ansel said and my heart immediately began to race.

“is that a good idea, though? To ride along with someone. If we get caught then, they’ll shoot us, without a doubt” I said and crossed my arms.

“don’t be such a girl” seriously? I have been taking care of myself for years, have taken so many risks for my own and someone else’s safety. “we are all going to be fine”

I felt Theo’s arm slip around my waist. I looked at him and he showed me an apologetic smile. I didn’t give one back, I was tired, exhausted and I was annoyed that they just saw me as a girl, a girl who couldn’t do anything important or who hadn’t had anything to say. I was also moody, but that’s because I was tired, I couldn’t handle much.

“okay, let’s just go to sleep, we’re all tired and moody, someone in particular-“ Ansel began.

“seriously, can you just stop doing that? You’re annoying every little shit out of me, just stop!” I stated angry and walked to the ‘living room’, the room with the couches and everything, I surely wasn’t going upstairs again, like ever.

For a long time no one came to me. The voices were muted and I guess they were all a bit shocked about my outburst. Finally after about ten minutes, Theo came in.

“what was that?” seriously? Couldn’t he see I was upset? Why wasn’t he? He seemed to find Ansel’s jokes just fine, well I didn’t.

“nothing” I had so many things in my head that I wanted to say, but I wasn’t going to tell them. I kept most of my thoughts to myself.

“don’t say that it’s nothing, it’s always ‘nothing’. Please tell me what’s wrong” he pleaded.

“I’m just tired of everything. They constantly make jokes about us, can’t they just keep quiet? And this trip is just so much, it’s exhausting. Something I find it hard to look ahead of myself, of what’s to come. The good things, you know” I didn’t dare to look up at him.

“I know, I find it hard too, to look forward when all that we have at the moment is nothing but ourselves, that’s hard to hold onto. But it’s the only chance we get, and how hard and exhausting it may be, we have to keep going. Together. I’m sure Ansel doesn’t mean it like that, he just likes to make jokes and he wants to keep the spirit up. Believe he drives me crazy to at times, but he’s my best friend, and we have to be in each other’s’ presence for a long time, so we might as well make it a good time. Don’t look at it as annoying, but as a funny thing” Theo advised and took me into his arms, pulling me close to his body. Suddenly I really felt how tired I was. My feet hurt, my head was heavy and I barely could stay awake.

“just go to sleep baby, we have plenty of time to talk this through tomorrow, it’s going to be a long day” Theo said and rubbed my back. He left for a short time only to come back with a blanket he found somewhere. He laid down on the couch beside me and dropped the blanket over our bodies. My back was against his front and I could feel his soft breath in my neck as he wrapped his arm around me.

Four more days of this and seven more days of only water and then we’ll be free, for good.

---------------

NO SCHOOL FOR 6 WEEKS. So next Friday, I'll be going on vacation to France till July 30rd, and then I'll go to France again from August 1st till August 17th (BECAUSE ON 17TH I'M GOING TO SEE TONIGHT ALIVE LIVE OMG) BUT anyway, i'll try to post two chapters and when i get back one or two, so i wont lose you guyssss.

Well, keep up the voting (it makes me sooo happy!) and comment so i know what you all think.