There For You

Coming upon Jungkook's front door, I reluctantly knocked on it with my quivering hands, wiping my tears away to make sure my makeup wasn't smudged.

The door opened and revealed Jungkook in a simple white t-shirt with sweatpants, an extremely confused expression immediately appearing on his face.

"Who're you?" He asked, eagerly examining my face to figure out who I was.

"Oh, I'm Aera. Yeah I know, I look different." I said as I shrugged my shoulders, shyly fixing my hair and tight dress.

Jungkook had the same exact face Taehyung made when he found out it was me, but neither fear nor anxiety visible on it like it was on Taehyung's.

"Y-You look so... p-pretty..." He shyly muttered, nervously biting his lower lip as his cheeks slightly turned into like a light shade of red.

"Thanks Jungkookie. Can I come in?" I politely asked, giving him a small smile.

"Sure?" He apprehensively replied, obviously puzzled at why I visited him all of a sudden.

As I entered his house, Jungkook shut his door and lazily walked over to the couch and plopped down on it.

"So, why'd you come over?" He curiously asked.

"You were right about Taehyung." I said, giving him a weak smile full of defeat and regret.

Jungkook's expression instantly became serious.

"Did that bastard do something to you?"

A distressing sigh escaping out of my mouth, I slowly shook my head as I stared at the ground.

"It was my fault for falling for him. It was my fault for falling for his act, his loving words, his affectionate nature, that person who he pretended to be."

I heard Jungkook's footsteps gradually approach me, suddenly wrapping me in his warm, calming embrace.

"It's not your fault, Aera. You cant change a man. You cant make a man love you correctly. That's not your fucking job. Understand that most men wont know what to do with a woman like you, and thats okay. You're perfect the way you are, Kim Aera."

His assuring, heart-warming words made me feel less dejected, slightly healing my severely broken heart.

Jungkook pulled apart from me, still tightly holding onto my shoulders with both of his hands.

"No one taught you to love you, and that's your biggest problem. Searching for validation in people who will never accept you for you, being made to feel like you're not good enough, trying to prove yourself to those who will never be good enough for you." He continued, his words piercing right through my heart as if he was completely reading my mind.

"Although I was extremely rude towards you when I first met you, as the days passed and I got to know you better, I've come to the realization that you're the most incredibly amazing, benevolent, kind-hearted girl I've ever met. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise and don't let anyone change you in anyway."

Jungkook's generous words truly warmed my heart, causing my anguish and agony to slowly fade away.

"Thanks Kookie, that really means a lot to me." I answered as I plastered a genuine smile onto my face.

Suddenly, Jungkook's phone began to ring, causing the two of us to flinch in surprise.

Checking the caller ID, he let out a loud scoff as a devious smirk appeared on his face.

"I'll be right back. I need to take this call from that asshole who broke your heart."

~ Jungkook's POV ~

Entering my room and shutting my door, I swiped the "answer" button and placed my phone on my ear.

"Yeah." I answered Taehyung.

"Dude, I think I messed up real bad." That heartless imbecile said, causing me to internally scoff at his idiotic statement.

"And why do you say that?" I asked, although I clearly knew what he was referring to.

"You know Aera right? Well, I guess she found out that I was only using her to improve my grades, because she just came over to my house like 30 minutes ago and told me off. And dude, she changed her entire appearance and she looked beyond gorgeous. I seriously regretted calling her ugly."

Alright, that's it.

I took a long, deep breathe as I prepared myself to teach this idiot a lesson.

"Yeah, you messed up real bad Taehyung. You manipulated her, fooled her, and hurt her, when all she wanted was someone to make her feel better about herself, someone to prove to her that she wasn't worthless, ugly, or useless like how society defined her as." I stated, causing Taehyung to shut his mouth.

"And the thing is, you're not even sorry about it. I warned her about you, but she still chose to believe in you. She trusted you, and you betrayed her. She loved you, and you fucking broke her."

I was honestly willing to give up my friendship with this ruthless asshole, if it was for Aera.

I didn't like her or anything, I just couldn't bear to see her suffer more than she already has.

She's so used to being hurt, that happiness scares her.

Aera was genuinely the greatest friend anyone could ever have, and I wanted to prove to her that she didn't have to be afraid of anything, because I would be there for her no matter what.

After a moment of silence, Taehyung finally spoke up.

"Jungkook, do you happen to have a crush on Aera?"

"No, she's just a friend." I honestly answered.

"Then why do you care about her so much?" He curiously asked.

I scoffed, disbelieved at his idiotic question.

"Because Taehyung, I'm not a heartless bastard like you."

With that, I hung up on him.