True Intentions

7:00 pm

Entering the convenience store, I casually walked over to the milk section to buy myself banana milk.

As I was eagerly examining which brand of milk I should buy, a relatively tall figure suddenly stood next to me.

"You like banana milk too?"

As I Immediately recognized that deep, slightly raspy voice, I hastily turned my head to face him, giving him the most creeped out face I've ever made.

"Are you... stalking me?"

Taehyung bursted into laughter, slowly shaking his head in denial.

"No, I just happened to coincidentally meet you in a convenience store."

I just glared at him in utter suspicion, gradually bending down as I grabbed a carton of banana milk, and hurriedly rushed over to the cashier to get away from this creep.

I quickly paid for it and ran out of the store, making sure he wasn't following me.

"He's such a creep I swear." I muttered, turning away from the convenience store and heading back to my house.

The street leading to my house was dark and silent, only a few flickering post lights to provide a slightly clear view of the sidewalk.

Although I've walked home alone at night and this wasn't a rare thing, for some reason, I felt this weird sense of danger approaching me.

Suddenly, a pitch black van stopped right next to me, it's door vigorously opening as two men wearing masks jumped out of the car.

I gasped and tried to scream, but before I could, one of them hovered his hand over my mouth while the other guy tightly grasped my arms so I was unable to fight back.

Mentally and physically panicking, I swung both of my legs back and forth as I kicked them with all my strength.

But of course they were stronger than me, so the two of them lifted me off the ground and attempted to push me into the van.

I was scared to death.

So this was it, my life was officially going to end.

It's amazing how the the distinction between being ugly and being pretty could change so much.

If I was still ugly like my old self, I probably wouldn't be in this situation right now.

As I began to lose my strength, I gradually became weak in my legs and arms, allowing the two men to harshly push me into their van.

Tears full of utter fear, anxiety, and dejection streamed down my face as I accepted my fate, completely losing my hope of surviving.

But deep down inside my heart, for some reason, I was eagerly hoping that Taehyung would save me.

I desired his existence, his comfort, and his calming embrace.

As the two men were about to shut the door of the van, someone aggressively attacked the two of them as he tackled them down.

From the color of his ash grey hair, I immediately knew it was Taehyung.

More tears began to stream down my face, feeling extremely relieved that I was no longer going to be killed.

After a several punches, followed by the painful groans of the two men, it suddenly became silent.

Then, Taehyung hurriedly rushed over to my side and pulled me out of the van, immediately embracing me in his assuring arms.

God, his hugs.

Why did it never fail to relieve me even under such a devastating state like this?

Staining his sweater with my tears, I slowly wrapped my arms around him as I cried my heart out into his chest.

"Y-You came... You really came..." I quietly muttered, burying my face deeper into his sweater.

I could clearly hear Taehyung's heart beat hastening, causing me to slightly blush.

Is his heart racing... because of me?

"Don't worry, I'm here." He reassured me, hugging me even tighter with one arm as he gently stroked my head with his other.

Gosh, how did he always know the best things to say that made my despair and anxiety instantly fade away?

We gradually pulled apart from each other, our cheeks slightly tinted from the sudden embrace we shared.

"T-Thank you Taehyung.." I shyly muttered, my eyes still glued to the ground because of this strange, unexplainable feeling that was filling up my heart.

It was like the bitter hate and abhorrence I previously felt towards him was completely gone at this very moment, only to be replaced by that affectionate and loving emotion I felt towards him when I first met him.

Although I knew very well that I shouldn't be having the slightest of consideration in forgiving Taehyung, but for some reason, my heart was telling me otherwise.

"You feeling better?" Taehyung generously asked, gently placing his hand on my shoulder as he bent down to look me in the eyes.

My heart skipped a beat as his large, alluring eyes met mine, causing this electrifying spark to spread through my entire body.

I answered him with a small nod as I gave him a warm smile, Taehyung replying with a genuine smile as well.

After reporting this whole incident to the police, the two men who attacked me were rightfully arrested.

That night, I was unable to sleep because that horrifying trauma that occurred today constantly kept replaying in my head.

But I also couldn't sleep because of Taehyung.

Did he save me just so could prove to me that he "changed", or did he really do it from his heart?

Was he just acting like a heroic, generous person, or did he genuinely want to protect me?

With all these complicated suspicions and thoughts running through my head, I irritatedly grabbed my pillow and screamed into it, trying to let out out the stress that was building up inside of me.

I let out a long, deep sigh as I buried my face into my pillow.

Why are you making it harder for me to hate you Kim Taehyung?